Size is not all that matters. But still, we would love to know how big Anaheim in California is. Here is the answer:
Anaheim, California covers an area of 131.9 square kilometers (50.93 square miles).
With 336,265 people living in Anaheim that comes to a population density of 2549.39 inhabitants per square kilometer (6602.49 / sq mi)
As a reference: The 8,398,748 people living in New York City are crammed onto 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi), which results into a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi).
Anaheim () is a city in Orange County, California, part of the Los Angeles metropolitan area. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city had a population of 336,265, making it the most populous city in Orange County and the 10th-most populous city in California. Anaheim is the second-largest city in Orange County in terms of land area, and is known for being the home of the Disneyland Resort, the Anaheim Convention Center, and two major sports teams: the Anaheim Ducks ice hockey club and the Los Angeles Angels baseball team.Anaheim was founded by fifty German families in 1857 and incorporated as the second city in Los Angeles County on March 18, 1876; Orange County was split off from Los Angeles County in 1889. Anaheim remained largely an agricultural community until Disneyland opened in 1955. This led to the construction of several hotels and motels around the area, and residential districts in Anaheim soon followed. The city also developed into an industrial center, producing electronics, aircraft parts and canned fruit. Anaheim is a charter city.Anaheim’s city limits extend almost the full width of Orange County, from Cypress in the west, twenty miles east to the Riverside County line in the east, encompass a diverse range of neighborhoods. In the west, mid-20th-century tract houses predominate. Downtown Anaheim has three mixed-use historic districts, the largest of which is the Anaheim Colony. South of downtown, a center of commercial activity of regional importance begins, the Anaheim–Santa Ana edge city, which stretches east and south into the cities of Orange, Santa Ana and Garden Grove. This edge city includes the Disneyland Resort, with two theme parks, multiple hotels, and retail district; Disney is part of the larger Anaheim Resort district with numerous other hotels and retail complexes. The Platinum Triangle, a neo-urban redevelopment district surrounding Angel Stadium, which is planned to be populated with mixed-use streets and high-rises. Further east, Anaheim Canyon is an industrial district north of the Riverside Freeway and east of the Orange Freeway. The city’s eastern third consists of Anaheim Hills, a community built to a master plan, and open land east of the 241 tollway.
Cities with a similar size as Anaheim
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Anaheim, California, here you go:
- Decatur, Illinois with a size of 121.62 square kilometers (121.62 sq mi), population: 76,122
- McKinney, Texas with a size of 164.85 square kilometers (164.85 sq mi), population: 155,142
- Lakewood, Colorado with a size of 114.10 square kilometers (114.10 sq mi), population: 142,980
- North Little Rock, Arkansas with a size of 142.06 square kilometers (142.06 sq mi), population: 62,304
- Midlothian, Texas with a size of 139.46 square kilometers (139.46 sq mi), population: 18,037
- Bartow, Florida with a size of 135.53 square kilometers (135.53 sq mi), population: 17,298
- Hurricane, Utah with a size of 135.30 square kilometers (135.30 sq mi), population: 14,362
- Ontario, California with a size of 129.49 square kilometers (129.49 sq mi), population: 163,924
- Rochester, New Hampshire with a size of 117.68 square kilometers (117.68 sq mi), population: 30,527
- Richmond, California with a size of 136.01 square kilometers (136.01 sq mi), population: 103,701
Cities with a similar population density as Anaheim
Other cities that have a similar population density as Anaheim, California are:
- Hazel Park, Michigan with a population density of 2,599 people per sq km (6,724 / sq mi).
- New Port Richey, Florida with a population density of 2,197 people per sq km (5,697 / sq mi).
- Spokane, Washington with a population density of 3,006 people per sq km (7,787 / sq mi).
- Monterey Park, California with a population density of 3,011 people per sq km (7,797 / sq mi).
- Berkley, Michigan with a population density of 2,210 people per sq km (5,736 / sq mi).
- Falls Church, Virginia with a population density of 2,543 people per sq km (6,589 / sq mi).
- Pullman, Washington with a population density of 2,793 people per sq km (7,233 / sq mi).
- Norwood, Ohio with a population density of 2,356 people per sq km (6,097 / sq mi).
- Bayonne, New Jersey with a population density of 2,243 people per sq km (5,808 / sq mi).
- Huntington Beach, California with a population density of 2,284 people per sq km (5,915 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as Anaheim
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Anaheim, California:
- Cincinnati, Ohio with a population of 296,943 people
- Saint Paul, Minnesota with a population of 285,068 people
- Corpus Christi, Texas with a population of 316,381 people
- Lincoln, Nebraska with a population of 280,364 people
- Anchorage, Alaska with a population of 294,356 people
- Stockton, California with a population of 291,707 people
- Colorado Springs, Colorado with a population of 416,427 people
- Tulsa, Oklahoma with a population of 403,505 people
- Aurora, Colorado with a population of 325,078 people
- Minneapolis, Minnesota with a population of 382,578 people