It is hard to guess what a Arnhem leaf-nosed bat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Arnhem leaf-nosed bat (Hipposideros inornatus) on average weights 25 grams (0.06 lbs).
The Arnhem leaf-nosed bat is from the family Hipposideridae (genus: Hipposideros). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 39.8 cm (1′ 4″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Arnhem leaf-nosed bat (Hipposideros inornatus) is a species of bat in the family Hipposideridae. It lives in the sandstone areas of Kakadu National Park (Northern Territory, Australia).
Animals of the same family as a Arnhem leaf-nosed bat
We found other animals of the Hipposideridae family:
- Triaenops rufus with a weight of 9 grams
- East Asian tailless leaf-nosed bat with a weight of 7 grams
- Giant roundleaf bat with a weight of 115 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Arnhem leaf-nosed bat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Hipposideros inornatus:
- Long-nosed caenolestid bringing 21 grams to the scale
- Santa Cruz mouse bringing 21 grams to the scale
- Buffoon striped grass mouse bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Western jumping mouse bringing 27 grams to the scale
- Florida mouse bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Southern long-nosed bat bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Soft grass mouse bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Juliana’s golden mole bringing 21 grams to the scale
- Dragon tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Least forest mouse bringing 21 grams to the scale