It is hard to guess what a Flat-haired mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Flat-haired mouse (Mus platythrix) on average weights 29 grams (0.06 lbs).
The Flat-haired mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Mus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 6.1 cm (0′ 3″). Usually, Flat-haired mouses have 6 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The flat-haired mouse (Mus platythrix) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found only in India, where it is widely distributed throughout South India and central India.
Animals of the same family as a Flat-haired mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Southern mole vole with a weight of 80 grams
- Thomas’s giant deer mouse with a weight of 111 grams
- Somali pygmy gerbil with a size of 6.8 cm (0′ 3″)
- Rwanda African mole-rat with 1 babies per litter
- Wagner’s gerbil with a weight of 27 grams
- Neacomys guianae with a weight of 15 grams
- California mouse with a weight of 42 grams
- Musso’s fish-eating rat with a weight of 40 grams
- Lundomys with a weight of 238 grams
- Blackish deer mouse with a weight of 32 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Flat-haired mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Mus platythrix:
- New Guinea free-tailed bat bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Southern African spiny mouse bringing 26 grams to the scale
- New Zealand greater short-tailed bat bringing 27 grams to the scale
- African yellow bat bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Crafty vesper mouse bringing 27 grams to the scale
- Rufous-bellied bolo mouse bringing 32 grams to the scale
- White-throated round-eared bat bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Common sheath-tailed bat bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Paraguayan fat-tailed mouse opossum bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Balochistan gerbil bringing 25 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Flat-haired mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (6) as a Flat-haired mouse: