It is hard to guess what a Nagtglas’s African dormouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Nagtglas’s African dormouse (Graphiurus nagtglasii) on average weights 30 grams (0.07 lbs).
The Nagtglas’s African dormouse is from the family Gliridae (genus: Graphiurus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 11.1 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, Nagtglas’s African dormouses have 3 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Nagtglas’s African dormouse (Graphiurus nagtglasii) is a species of rodent in the family Gliridae. It is found in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and possibly Gabon. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical, moist, lowland forests. The rodent is named after Cornelis Nagtglas.
Animals of the same family as a Nagtglas’s African dormouse
We found other animals of the Gliridae family:
Animals with the same weight as a Nagtglas’s African dormouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Graphiurus nagtglasii:
- White-footed dunnart bringing 24 grams to the scale
- Woodford’s fruit bat bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Big crested mastiff bat bringing 29 grams to the scale
- Tonatia silvicola bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Florida mouse bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Blackish deer mouse bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Bolivian vesper mouse bringing 27 grams to the scale
- Oligoryzomys andinus bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Small pencil-tailed tree mouse bringing 28 grams to the scale
- Osgood’s mouse bringing 27 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Nagtglas’s African dormouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Nagtglas’s African dormouse: