It is hard to guess what a Oecomys flavicans weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Oecomys flavicans (Oecomys flavicans) on average weights 73 grams (0.16 lbs).
The Oecomys flavicans is from the family Muridae (genus: Oecomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 1.51 meter (5′ 0″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Oecomys flavicans, also known as the tawny oecomys or yellow arboreal rice rat, is a species of rodent in the genus Oecomys of family Cricetidae. It is found in the mountains of northwestern Venezuela and nearby Colombia.
Animals of the same family as a Oecomys flavicans
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Short-haired water rat with a weight of 33 grams
- Roborovski dwarf hamster with a size of 7.2 cm (0′ 3″)
- Woodland Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Island mouse with a weight of 164 grams
- Kimberley rock rat with a weight of 95 grams
- Volcano harvest mouse with a weight of 19 grams
- Nephelomys keaysi with a weight of 58 grams
- Small-toothed harvest mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Big-headed African mole-rat with a weight of 622 grams
- Bougainville mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 86 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Oecomys flavicans
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Oecomys flavicans:
- Great fruit-eating bat bringing 59 grams to the scale
- Western chestnut mouse bringing 70 grams to the scale
- Eastern rock elephant shrew bringing 59 grams to the scale
- San Quintin kangaroo rat bringing 84 grams to the scale
- Strong-tailed Oldfield mouse bringing 77 grams to the scale
- Woodland Oldfield mouse bringing 77 grams to the scale
- Hairy-eared dwarf lemur bringing 78 grams to the scale
- Oecomys trinitatis bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Boehm’s bush squirrel bringing 70 grams to the scale
- Western rock elephant shrew bringing 65 grams to the scale