It is hard to guess what a Sambirano mouse lemur weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Sambirano mouse lemur (Microcebus sambiranensis) on average weights 49 grams (0.11 lbs).
The Sambirano mouse lemur is from the family Cheirogaleidae (genus: Microcebus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 14.1 cm (0′ 6″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Sambirano mouse lemur (Microcebus sambiranensis) is a small, recently discovered primate and like the other mouse lemurs can only be found on the island of Madagascar. The dorsal side is both cinnamon and rufous-cinnamon and is grey ventrally. It has vibrissae that are dark in color.The species was discovered in northwestern Madagascar, in the Ankarana Special Reserve, where vegetation remains dense, after a survey was completed of the area. It was named as a separate species at the same time as the Madame Berthe’s mouse lemur (Microcebus berthae) and northern rufous mouse lemur (Microcebus tavaratra).Foliage tree sleeping sites prevent predatorial species interaction with Sambirano Mouse Lemurs.Sambirano mouse lemurs are endemic to Madagascar and are currently prone to extinction. Long term reforestation in northwestern Madagascar may facilitate the conservation of this species.
Animals of the same family as a Sambirano mouse lemur
We found other animals of the Cheirogaleidae family:
- Gray mouse lemur with a weight of 68 grams
- Madame Berthe’s mouse lemur with a weight of 33 grams
- Masoala fork-marked lemur with a weight of 409 grams
- Reddish-gray mouse lemur with a weight of 70 grams
- Hairy-eared dwarf lemur with a weight of 78 grams
- Greater dwarf lemur with a weight of 447 grams
- Microcebus coquereli with a weight of 328 grams
- Golden-brown mouse lemur with a weight of 58 grams
- Brown mouse lemur with a weight of 48 grams
- Northern rufous mouse lemur with a weight of 68 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Sambirano mouse lemur
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Microcebus sambiranensis:
- Cerradomys subflavus bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Brucepattersonius iheringi bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Mesquite mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Marsh rice rat bringing 53 grams to the scale
- Umboi tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 41 grams to the scale
- Andean caenolestid bringing 47 grams to the scale
- Michoacan deer mouse bringing 49 grams to the scale
- One-striped opossum bringing 55 grams to the scale
- Handleyomys chapmani bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Red-nosed mouse bringing 46 grams to the scale