It is hard to guess what a Savanna gerbil weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Savanna gerbil (Gerbilliscus validus) on average weights 121 grams (0.27 lbs).
The Savanna gerbil is from the family Muridae (genus: Gerbilliscus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 14.4 cm (0′ 6″). On average, Savanna gerbils can have babies 2 times per year with a litter size of 3.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The savanna gerbil (Gerbilliscus validus) is a species of gerbil found in Angola, Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Its natural habitats are dry savanna, moist savanna, and arable land.
Animals of the same family as a Savanna gerbil
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Brown rat with a weight of 282 grams
- Kaiser’s rock rat with a weight of 90 grams
- Dalton’s mouse with a weight of 35 grams
- White-throated woodrat with a weight of 208 grams
- Delany’s mouse with a weight of 4 grams
- Montane Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Cairo spiny mouse with a weight of 41 grams
- Tullberg’s soft-furred mouse with a weight of 37 grams
- Least groove-toothed swamp rat with a weight of 50 grams
- False water rat with a weight of 45 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Savanna gerbil
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Gerbilliscus validus:
- Gambian epauletted fruit bat bringing 131 grams to the scale
- Common treeshrew bringing 132 grams to the scale
- Ellerman’s tufted-tailed rat bringing 100 grams to the scale
- Unexpected cotton rat bringing 140 grams to the scale
- Large-scaled mosaic-tailed rat bringing 117 grams to the scale
- Talas tuco-tuco bringing 141 grams to the scale
- Santander dwarf squirrel bringing 99 grams to the scale
- Magdalena rat bringing 130 grams to the scale
- Long-tailed hopping mouse bringing 100 grams to the scale
- Kowari bringing 112 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Savanna gerbil
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Savanna gerbil: