It is hard to guess what a Schomburgk’s deer weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Schomburgk’s deer (Rucervus schomburgki) on average weights 107.63 kg (237.27 lbs).
The Schomburgk’s deer is from the family Cervidae (genus: Rucervus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 1.65 meter (5′ 5″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Schomburgk’s deer (Rucervus schomburgki) was a member of the family Cervidae. Native to central Thailand, Schomburgk’s deer was described by Edward Blyth in 1863 and named after Sir Robert H. Schomburgk, who was the British consul in Bangkok from 1857 to 1864. It is thought to have gone extinct by 1938, but there is speculation that the deer might still exist.
Animals of the same family as a Schomburgk’s deer
We found other animals of the Cervidae family:
- Calamian deer bringing 39.66 kilos (87.44 lbs) to the scale
- Schomburgk’s deer bringing 106 kilos (233.69 lbs) to the scale
- Dwarf brocket bringing 16.04 kilos (35.36 lbs) to the scale
- Chital bringing 69.5 kilos (153.22 lbs) to the scale
- Roosevelt’s muntjac bringing 10.76 kilos (23.72 lbs) to the scale
- Barasingha bringing 171.22 kilos (377.48 lbs) to the scale
- Red brocket bringing 20.42 kilos (45.02 lbs) to the scale
- Philippine deer bringing 49.46 kilos (109.04 lbs) to the scale
- Fallow deer bringing 56.71 kilos (125.02 lbs) to the scale
- White-tailed deer bringing 75.6 kilos (166.67 lbs) to the scale
Animals with the same weight as a Schomburgk’s deer
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Rucervus schomburgki:
- Peale’s dolphin with a weight of 120 kilos (264.55 lbs)
- Atlantic humpback dolphin with a weight of 100 kilos (220.46 lbs)
- Hourglass dolphin with a weight of 110 kilos (242.51 lbs)
- Dusky dolphin with a weight of 127.25 kilos (280.54 lbs)
- Southern right whale dolphin with a weight of 116 kilos (255.74 lbs)
- Ribbon seal with a weight of 90 kilos (198.42 lbs)
- Dall’s porpoise with a weight of 106.03 kilos (233.76 lbs)
- Antarctic fur seal with a weight of 96.6 kilos (212.97 lbs)
- Llama with a weight of 107.66 kilos (237.35 lbs)
- Baikal seal with a weight of 89.5 kilos (197.31 lbs)