It is hard to guess what a Spotted bat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Spotted bat (Euderma maculatum) on average weights 16 grams (0.04 lbs).
The Spotted bat is from the family Vespertilionidae (genus: Euderma). It is usually born with about 3 grams (0.01 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 13.1 cm (0′ 6″). Usually, Spotted bats have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The spotted bat (Euderma maculatum) is a bat species from the family of vesper bats and the only species of the genus Euderma.
Animals of the same family as a Spotted bat
We found other animals of the Vespertilionidae family:
- Schreber’s yellow bat with a weight of 26 grams
- Northern broad-nosed bat with a weight of 8 grams
- Greater noctule bat with a weight of 45 grams
- Horsfield’s bat with a weight of 6 grams
- Groove-toothed bat with a weight of 4 grams
- Tacarcuna bat with a weight of 12 grams
- Curacao myotis with a weight of 3 grams
- Common bent-wing bat with a weight of 10 grams
- Eastern small-footed myotis with a weight of 5 grams
- Hutton’s tube-nosed bat with a weight of 7 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Spotted bat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Euderma maculatum:
- Brown flower bat bringing 16 grams to the scale
- Himalayan shrew bringing 14 grams to the scale
- New Guinean planigale bringing 14 grams to the scale
- African smoky mouse bringing 17 grams to the scale
- Botta’s serotine bringing 15 grams to the scale
- Père David’s vole bringing 19 grams to the scale
- Butiaba naked-tailed shrew bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Lesser mouse-tailed bat bringing 13 grams to the scale
- Bolam’s mouse bringing 15 grams to the scale
- Western pygmy possum bringing 15 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Spotted bat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Spotted bat: