It is hard to guess what a White-throated grass mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult White-throated grass mouse (Akodon simulator) on average weights 42 grams (0.09 lbs).
The White-throated grass mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Akodon). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 9.6 cm (0′ 4″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The white-throated or grey-bellied grass mouse (Akodon simulator) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It is found in Argentina and Bolivia.
Animals of the same family as a White-throated grass mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Eastern chestnut mouse with a weight of 79 grams
- Oligoryzomys microtis with a weight of 22 grams
- Euryoryzomys russatus with a weight of 60 grams
- Day’s grass mouse with a weight of 32 grams
- Anderson’s gerbil with a weight of 31 grams
- Crafty vesper mouse with a weight of 27 grams
- Bush rat with a weight of 124 grams
- Chiapan deer mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Australian swamp rat with a weight of 106 grams
- Brucepattersonius iheringi with a weight of 43 grams
Animals with the same weight as a White-throated grass mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Akodon simulator:
- Córdoba vesper mouse bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Black-tailed dasyure bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Wagner’s bonneted bat bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Field vole bringing 35 grams to the scale
- Günther’s vole bringing 50 grams to the scale
- Tarabundí vole bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Himalayan striped squirrel bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Rupp’s mouse bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Brown mouse lemur bringing 48 grams to the scale
- Cairo spiny mouse bringing 41 grams to the scale