It is hard to guess what a Yellow steppe lemming weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Yellow steppe lemming (Eolagurus luteus) on average weights 26 grams (0.06 lbs).
The Yellow steppe lemming is from the family Muridae (genus: Eolagurus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 1.44 meter (4′ 9″). On average, Yellow steppe lemmings can have babies 3 times per year with a litter size of 7.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The yellow steppe lemming (Eolagurus luteus) is a species of rodents in the family Cricetidae.It is found in China, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia. Its natural habitat is temperate desert.
Animals of the same family as a Yellow steppe lemming
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Andean mouse with a weight of 69 grams
- Savanna gerbil with a weight of 121 grams
- Gleaning mouse with a weight of 35 grams
- Transandinomys bolivaris with a weight of 60 grams
- Round-tailed muskrat with a weight of 265 grams
- Tatra pine vole with 2 babies per litter
- Little wood mouse with a weight of 14 grams
- Mindoro striped rat with a weight of 152 grams
- Blackish grass mouse with a weight of 19 grams
- Oligoryzomys arenalis with a weight of 25 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Yellow steppe lemming
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Eolagurus luteus:
- Stripe-faced dunnart bringing 24 grams to the scale
- Crocidura grandiceps bringing 23 grams to the scale
- Kemp’s grass mouse bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Oligoryzomys flavescens bringing 21 grams to the scale
- Little desert pocket mouse bringing 23 grams to the scale
- Oligoryzomys andinus bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Northern bog lemming bringing 21 grams to the scale
- Carriker’s round-eared bat bringing 22 grams to the scale
- Mauritian tomb bat bringing 27 grams to the scale
- Mindanao lowland forest mouse bringing 31 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Yellow steppe lemming
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (7) as a Yellow steppe lemming: