It is hard to guess what a Zygodontomys brevicauda weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Zygodontomys brevicauda (Zygodontomys brevicauda) on average weights 52 grams (0.11 lbs).
The Zygodontomys brevicauda is from the family Muridae (genus: Zygodontomys). It is usually born with about 3 grams (0.01 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 9.8 cm (0′ 4″). On average, Zygodontomys brevicaudas can have babies 5 times per year with a litter size of 4.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Zygodontomys brevicauda, also known as the short-tailed zygodont, short-tailed cane mouse, or common cane mouse, is a species of rodent in the genus Zygodontomys of tribe Oryzomyini. It occurs from Costa Rica via Panama, Colombia and Venezuela into Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana and northern Brazil, including Trinidad and Tobago.It includes three subspecies: Zygodontomys brevicauda brevicaudaZygodontomys brevicauda cherrieiZygodontomys brevicauda microtinus.Many Zygodontomys brevicauda serve as viral reservoirs, causing illnesses such as Venezuelan hemorrhagic fever.
Animals of the same family as a Zygodontomys brevicauda
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Black-eared mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Mexican water mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Sula rat with a weight of 131 grams
- Prairie vole with a weight of 42 grams
- Lesser tree mouse with a weight of 45 grams
- Bryant’s woodrat with a weight of 182 grams
- Bush vlei rat with a weight of 103 grams
- Manus Island mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 144 grams
- Pearson’s chaco mouse with a weight of 25 grams
- Lesser hamster-rat with a weight of 75 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Zygodontomys brevicauda
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Zygodontomys brevicauda:
- Large Japanese field mouse bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Temminck’s flying squirrel bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Oyapock’s fish-eating rat bringing 47 grams to the scale
- Antillean fruit-eating bat bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Northern water rat bringing 54 grams to the scale
- Pyrenean desman bringing 60 grams to the scale
- Yellow-sided opossum bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Cerradomys subflavus bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Lesser tree mouse bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Meadow vole bringing 42 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Zygodontomys brevicauda
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Zygodontomys brevicauda: