How big does a Tawitawi forest rat get? Here is an overview over the average adult age:
A grown Tawitawi forest rat (Rattus tawitawiensis) reaches an average size of 19 cm (0′ 8″).
When born, they have an average size of 0 cm (0′ 0″). The Tawitawi forest rat (genus: Rattus) is a member of the family Muridae.
As a reference: Humans reach an average body size of 1.65m (5′ 5″) while carrying 62 kg (137 lbs). A human woman is pregnant for 280 days (40 weeks) and on average become 75 years old.
The Tawitawi forest rat or Tawitawi Island rat (Rattus tawitawiensis) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found only in Tawi-Tawi, Philippines.
Animals of the same family as a Tawitawi forest rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Phillips’s gerbil with a size of 14.4 cm (0′ 6″)
- Least groove-toothed swamp rat with 2 babies per litter
- Tarabundí vole with a size of 12.1 cm (0′ 5″)
- Greater big-footed mouse with a size of 12 cm (0′ 5″)
- White-eared cotton rat with a size of 15.7 cm (0′ 7″)
- Andean leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 53 grams
- Yellow-bellied brush-furred rat with 1 babies per litter
- Akodon affinis with a weight of 24 grams
- Arianus’s rat with a size of 13.2 cm (0′ 6″)
- Reed vole with 5 babies per litter
Animals with the same size as a Tawitawi forest rat
Not that size really matters, but it makes things comparable. So here are a couple of animals that are as big as Tawitawi forest rat:
- Large New Guinea spiny rat with a size of 19.5 cm (0′ 8″)
- Afghan pika with a size of 19.7 cm (0′ 8″)
- San Martín Island woodrat with a size of 18.4 cm (0′ 8″)
- New Guinean rat with a size of 17.7 cm (0′ 7″)
- Water vole (North America) with a size of 15.4 cm (0′ 7″)
- Pseudocheirus schlegeli with a size of 21.6 cm (0′ 9″)
- Greater fairy armadillo with a size of 15.7 cm (0′ 7″)
- Washington ground squirrel with a size of 16.6 cm (0′ 7″)
- Plantain squirrel with a size of 20.3 cm (0′ 8″)
- Palawan montane squirrel with a size of 21 cm (0′ 9″)