Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into California City in California? Here is the answer:
California City, California has a population density of 26.77 inhabitants per square kilometer (69.34 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 14,120 people are living within an area of 527.4 sq km (203.63 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
California City, abbreviated as Cal City, is a city incorporated in 1965 located in the northern Antelope Valley in Kern County, California, United States, 100 miles (160 km) north of the city of Los Angeles. The population was 14,120 at the 2010 census. Covering 203.63 square miles (527.4 km2), California City is known for having the third-largest land area of any city in the state of California. It was a master-planned community, created in the post-World War II boom years with grand aspirations, that failed to grow and fill the lots, blocks, and streets that were laid out in the remote Mojave desert.Much of the workforce of Edwards Air Force Base, which is located 18 miles (29 km) southeast of the city, is made up of city residents. Other major sources of employment include California City Correctional Center (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation); Mojave Air and Space Port and its flight test operations; and the Hyundai/Kia Proving Grounds located in the rural southwestern part of the city. California City has a PGA golf course, one prison, one municipal airport, and was home to the California City Whiptails, a now defunct professional independent baseball league team associated with the Pecos League.
Cities with a similar population density as California City
Other cities that have a similar population density as California City, California are:
- Boulder City, Nevada with a population density of 30 people per sq km (78 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as California City
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like California City, California:
- Katy, Texas with a population of 14,102 people
- Stuart, Florida with a population of 15,593 people
- McComb, Mississippi with a population of 13,337 people
- Madison, Mississippi with a population of 14,691 people
- Palos Hills, Illinois with a population of 17,484 people
- Grover Beach, California with a population of 13,156 people
- Goodlettsville, Tennessee with a population of 16,994 people
- Muskegon Heights, Michigan with a population of 12,049 people
- Clearlake, California with a population of 15,250 people
- St. Matthews, Kentucky with a population of 17,472 people
Cities with a similar size as California City
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as California City, California, here you go:
- Texas City, Texas with 480.60 square kilometers (480.60 sq mi), population: 45,099
- Huntsville, Alabama with 556.06 square kilometers (556.06 sq mi), population: 180,105
- Albuquerque, New Mexico with 492.01 square kilometers (492.01 sq mi), population: 559,277
- Columbus, Georgia with 572.00 square kilometers (572.00 sq mi), population: 189,885
- Mobile, Alabama with 466.37 square kilometers (466.37 sq mi), population: 195,111
- Tampa, Florida with 453.81 square kilometers (453.81 sq mi), population: 347,645
- Hibbing, Minnesota with 482.85 square kilometers (482.85 sq mi), population: 16,361
- Goodyear, Arizona with 495.29 square kilometers (495.29 sq mi), population: 65,275
- Galveston, Texas with 542.20 square kilometers (542.20 sq mi), population: 57,466
- San Francisco, California with 600.59 square kilometers (600.59 sq mi), population: 881,549