Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into Claremont in California? Here is the answer:
Claremont, California has a population density of 999.89 inhabitants per square kilometer (2589.03 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 34,926 people are living within an area of 34.93 sq km (13.49 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
Claremont () is a city on the eastern edge of Los Angeles County, California, United States, 30 miles (48 km) east of downtown Los Angeles. It is in the Pomona Valley, at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 34,926, and in 2018 the estimated population was 36,478.Claremont is the home of the Claremont Colleges and other educational institutions, and the city is known for its tree-lined streets with numerous historic buildings. In July 2007, it was rated by CNN/Money magazine as the fifth best place to live in the United States, and was the highest rated place in California on the list. It was also named the best suburb in the West by Sunset Magazine in 2016, which described it as a “small city that blends worldly sophistication with small-town appeal.” In 2018, Niche rated Claremont as the 17th best place to live in the Los Angeles area out of 658 communities it evaluated, based on crime, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Due to its large number of trees and residents with doctoral degrees, as well as its proximity to the renowned Claremont Colleges, it is sometimes referred to as “The City of Trees and Ph.Ds.”The city is primarily residential, with a significant portion of its commercial activity located in “The Village,” a popular collection of street-front small stores, boutiques, art galleries, offices, and restaurants adjacent to and west of the Claremont Colleges. The Village was expanded in 2007, adding a controversial multi-use development that includes a cinema, a boutique hotel, retail space, offices, and a parking structure on the site of an old citrus packing plant west of Indian Hill Boulevard.Claremont has been a winner of the National Arbor Day Association’s Tree City USA award for 22 consecutive years. When the city incorporated in 1907, local citizens started what has become the city’s tree-planting tradition. Claremont is one of the few remaining places in North America with American Elm trees that have not been exposed to Dutch elm disease. The stately trees line Indian Hill Boulevard in the vicinity of the city’s Memorial Park.The city hosts several large retirement communities, among them Pilgrim Place, the Claremont Manor and Mt. San Antonio Gardens.
Cities with a similar population density as Claremont
Other cities that have a similar population density as Claremont, California are:
- Farmers Branch, Texas with a population density of 924 people per sq km (2,395 / sq mi).
- Dallas, Texas with a population density of 1,202 people per sq km (3,113 / sq mi).
- Midwest City, Oklahoma with a population density of 860 people per sq km (2,226 / sq mi).
- Norwalk, Connecticut with a population density of 936 people per sq km (2,424 / sq mi).
- Livermore, California with a population density of 1,246 people per sq km (3,227 / sq mi).
- Ventnor City, New Jersey with a population density of 1,167 people per sq km (3,026 / sq mi).
- Lawrence, Indiana with a population density of 877 people per sq km (2,272 / sq mi).
- Redwood City, California with a population density of 855 people per sq km (2,216 / sq mi).
- Medford, Oregon with a population density of 1,122 people per sq km (2,907 / sq mi).
- Mesquite, Texas with a population density of 1,168 people per sq km (3,026 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as Claremont
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Claremont, California:
- Eastpointe, Michigan with a population of 34,077 people
- West Fargo, North Dakota with a population of 31,771 people
- Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota with a population of 33,880 people
- Gillette, Wyoming with a population of 30,560 people
- Benton, Arkansas with a population of 30,681 people
- Del Rio, Texas with a population of 35,591 people
- Beloit, Wisconsin with a population of 36,966 people
- Huber Heights, Ohio with a population of 38,142 people
- Pleasant Grove, Utah with a population of 34,647 people
- Friendswood, Texas with a population of 35,805 people
Cities with a similar size as Claremont
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Claremont, California, here you go:
- Union City, Tennessee with 31.96 square kilometers (31.96 sq mi), population: 10,876
- Royal Oak, Michigan with 30.52 square kilometers (30.52 sq mi), population: 57,236
- Stockbridge, Georgia with 34.44 square kilometers (34.44 sq mi), population: 25,636
- Cocoa Beach, Florida with 39.21 square kilometers (39.21 sq mi), population: 11,231
- Thomasville, North Carolina with 43.47 square kilometers (43.47 sq mi), population: 21,354
- Des Plaines, Illinois with 37.53 square kilometers (37.53 sq mi), population: 58,364
- Sebring, Florida with 41.34 square kilometers (41.34 sq mi), population: 10,648
- Brownwood, Texas with 38.51 square kilometers (38.51 sq mi), population: 19,288
- Conyers, Georgia with 30.54 square kilometers (30.54 sq mi), population: 13,941
- Kings Mountain, North Carolina with 35.31 square kilometers (35.31 sq mi), population: 10,296
Cities with the same name “Claremont”
Same name but different game – do we have sister cities from other states:
- Claremont, New Hampshire with a population of 13,355 residents