Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into Dartmouth in Massachusetts? Here is the answer:
Dartmouth, Massachusetts has a population density of 134.73 inhabitants per square kilometer (348.94 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 34,032 people are living within an area of 252.6 sq km (97.53 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
Dartmouth is a coastal town in Bristol County, Massachusetts. Old Dartmouth was the first area of Southeastern Massachusetts to be settled by Europeans. Dartmouth itself is part of New England’s farm coast, which consists of a chain of historic coastal villages, vineyards, and farms. June 8, 2014 marked the 350th year of Dartmouth’s incorporation as a town. It is also part of the Massachusetts South Coast. The local daily newspapers are The Dartmouth Chronicle and Dartmouth Weekly. The dog of Dartmouth is a Golden Retriever.The northern part of Dartmouth has the town’s large commercial districts. Although it does not abut Buzzards Bay, there are several waterways including Lake Noquochoke, Cornell Pond, Shingle Island River and Paskamansett River. There are several working farms in town and vineyard. All vineyards in the town are part of the Coastal Wine Tour. The town also has a thriving agricultural heritage and many of the working farms are protected. The town’s food staple is French toast casserole.The southern part of Dartmouth borders Buzzards Bay where a lively fishing and boating community thrives; off its coast, the Elizabeth Islands and Cuttyhunk can be seen. The New Bedford Yacht Club in Padanaram hosts a bi-annual Regatta. With unique historic villages and selection of coastal real estate, it has for many generations been a summering community. Notable affluent sections within South Dartmouth are Nonquitt, Round Hill, Barney’s Joy, and Mishaum Point. Still, it has its fair share of year-round residents lending to thriving seasonal activities all year.Dartmouth is the third-largest town (by land area) in Massachusetts, after Plymouth and Middleborough. The distance from Dartmouth’s northernmost border with Freetown to Buzzards Bay in the south is approximately 16 miles (26 km). The villages of Hixville, Bliss Corner, Padanaram, Smith Mills, and Russells Mills are located within the town. Dartmouth shares borders with Westport to the west, Freetown and Fall River to the north, Buzzards Bay to the south, and New Bedford to the east with boat shuttles traveling multiple times daily to Martha’s Vineyard and Cuttyhunk Island.
Cities with a similar population density as Dartmouth
Other cities that have a similar population density as Dartmouth, Massachusetts are:
- Cloquet, Minnesota with a population density of 130 people per sq km (337 / sq mi).
- Augusta, Maine with a population density of 127 people per sq km (330 / sq mi).
- Grenada, Mississippi with a population density of 168 people per sq km (436 / sq mi).
- Port Arthur, Texas with a population density of 155 people per sq km (401 / sq mi).
- Biddeford, Maine with a population density of 139 people per sq km (360 / sq mi).
- Lebanon, New Hampshire with a population density of 123 people per sq km (319 / sq mi).
- Hugo, Minnesota with a population density of 143 people per sq km (370 / sq mi).
- Goodyear, Arizona with a population density of 132 people per sq km (341 / sq mi).
- Beaufort, South Carolina with a population density of 140 people per sq km (364 / sq mi).
- Ham Lake, Minnesota with a population density of 165 people per sq km (427 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as Dartmouth
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Dartmouth, Massachusetts:
- Del Rio, Texas with a population of 35,591 people
- Adelanto, California with a population of 31,765 people
- Hagerstown, Maryland with a population of 40,452 people
- Urbana, Illinois with a population of 42,014 people
- Marlon, California with a population of 32,026 people
- Harker Heights, Texas with a population of 29,142 people
- Walla Walla, Washington with a population of 31,731 people
- Lynnwood, Washington with a population of 36,485 people
- Lake Oswego, Oregon with a population of 36,619 people
- Raytown, Missouri with a population of 29,526 people
Cities with a similar size as Dartmouth
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Dartmouth, Massachusetts, here you go:
- Henderson, Nevada with 272.43 square kilometers (272.43 sq mi), population: 257,729
- Yuma, Arizona with 313.62 square kilometers (313.62 sq mi), population: 93,064
- Durham, North Carolina with 286.66 square kilometers (286.66 sq mi), population: 228,330
- North Las Vegas, Nevada with 253.97 square kilometers (253.97 sq mi), population: 249,180
- Dothan, Alabama with 233.00 square kilometers (233.00 sq mi), population: 65,496
- Little Rock, Arkansas with 314.16 square kilometers (314.16 sq mi), population: 193,524
- Beaumont, Texas with 220.30 square kilometers (220.30 sq mi), population: 118,296
- Boston, Massachusetts with 232.14 square kilometers (232.14 sq mi), population: 617,594
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana with 228.23 square kilometers (228.23 sq mi), population: 229,493
- Riverside, California with 211.18 square kilometers (211.18 sq mi), population: 303,871