Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into Dunedin in Florida? Here is the answer:
Dunedin, Florida has a population density of 482.99 inhabitants per square kilometer (1250.74 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 35,321 people are living within an area of 73.13 sq km (28.24 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
Dunedin is a city in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The name comes from Dùn Èideann, the Scottish Gaelic name for Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. Dunedin is the 5th largest city in Pinellas County. The population was 35,321 at the 2010 census.Dunedin is home to several beaches, including Dunedin Causeway, Honeymoon Island, and Caladesi Island State Park, which is consistently rated among the best beaches in the world. Dunedin is one of the few open waterfront communities from Sarasota to Cedar Key where buildings do not completely obscure the view of the Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico beyond; a 1-mile (1.6 km) stretch of Edgewater Drive (also known as Alternate US 19) south of downtown offers views of St. Joseph Sound, Clearwater Beach, and Caladesi Island. Downtown Clearwater and Clearwater Beach are a 6-mile (10 km) drive south on Edgewater.The downtown business district is notable for its absence of large commercial signage, corporate franchise restaurants or chain retail stores. The Pinellas Trail, a 39-mile-long (63 km) bicycle and pedestrian trail that traverses all of Pinellas County, bisects downtown Dunedin. A large portion of the trail lies on the former roadbed of the Orange Belt Railway, the first railroad in Pinellas County, which arrived in 1888.Since 1977, Dunedin is the spring training home of the Toronto Blue Jays, as well as the class-A Dunedin Blue Jays of the Florida State League. Dunedin is one of the smallest communities used by Major League spring training teams, although surrounded by a large metropolitan area. TD Ballpark is situated next to the Dunedin Public Library a few blocks south of downtown on Douglas Avenue, and is just two blocks east of Edgewater Drive. The stadium was built as a replacement to Grant Field, the Blue Jays’ first spring training ball park. The library was founded in 1895 and is the oldest public library in Pinellas County.Until early 2005, Dunedin was the home of Nielsen Media Research’s production operations. The city is home to multiple breweries including Dunedin Brewery, Florida’s oldest microbrewery.
Cities with a similar population density as Dunedin
Other cities that have a similar population density as Dunedin, Florida are:
- Lakeville, Minnesota with a population density of 570 people per sq km (1,476 / sq mi).
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama with a population density of 487 people per sq km (1,262 / sq mi).
- Rapid City, South Dakota with a population density of 501 people per sq km (1,299 / sq mi).
- Herrin, Illinois with a population density of 485 people per sq km (1,255 / sq mi).
- Greensburg, Indiana with a population density of 476 people per sq km (1,234 / sq mi).
- Fort Myers, Florida with a population density of 518 people per sq km (1,342 / sq mi).
- Lenexa, Kansas with a population density of 540 people per sq km (1,399 / sq mi).
- Palm Bay, Florida with a population density of 579 people per sq km (1,499 / sq mi).
- Orange City, Florida with a population density of 543 people per sq km (1,406 / sq mi).
- Mitchell, South Dakota with a population density of 480 people per sq km (1,243 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as Dunedin
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Dunedin, Florida:
- Martinez, California with a population of 35,824 people
- St. Cloud, Florida with a population of 35,183 people
- Milton, Georgia with a population of 32,661 people
- Aventura, Florida with a population of 35,762 people
- Manitowoc, Wisconsin with a population of 33,736 people
- Cookeville, Tennessee with a population of 30,435 people
- Lake Oswego, Oregon with a population of 36,619 people
- Maricopa, Arizona with a population of 43,482 people
- Lewiston, Idaho with a population of 41,789 people
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky with a population of 32,966 people
Cities with a similar size as Dunedin
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Dunedin, Florida, here you go:
- Saratoga Springs, New York with 74.78 square kilometers (74.78 sq mi), population: 26,586
- Rosemount, Minnesota with 91.22 square kilometers (91.22 sq mi), population: 24,874
- Warren, Michigan with 89.24 square kilometers (89.24 sq mi), population: 134,056
- Alvin, Texas with 66.40 square kilometers (66.40 sq mi), population: 24,236
- Norton Shores, Michigan with 63.76 square kilometers (63.76 sq mi), population: 22,527
- Grand Rapids, Minnesota with 63.36 square kilometers (63.36 sq mi), population: 10,869
- Kenosha, Wisconsin with 72.20 square kilometers (72.20 sq mi), population: 99,218
- New Franklin, Ohio with 69.10 square kilometers (69.10 sq mi), population: 14,227
- West Memphis, Arkansas with 73.82 square kilometers (73.82 sq mi), population: 26,245
- Pompano Beach, Florida with 64.00 square kilometers (64.00 sq mi), population: 99,845