Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into Easton in Pennsylvania? Here is the answer:
Easton, Pennsylvania has a population density of 2144.52 inhabitants per square kilometer (5551.03 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 26,978 people are living within an area of 12.58 sq km (4.86 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
Easton is a city in and the county seat of Northampton County, Pennsylvania, United States. The city’s population was 26,800 as of the 2010 census. Easton is located at the confluence of the Delaware River and the Lehigh River, roughly 55 miles (89 km) north of Philadelphia and 70 miles (110 km) west of New York City.Easton is the easternmost city in the Lehigh Valley, a region of 731 square miles (1,893 km2) that is home to more than 800,000 people. Together with Allentown and Bethlehem, the Valley embraces the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton metropolitan area, including Lehigh, Northampton, and Carbon counties within Pennsylvania, and Warren County in the adjacent state of New Jersey. Easton is the smallest of the three Lehigh Valley cities, with approximately one-fourth of the population of the largest Lehigh Valley city, Allentown. In turn, this metropolitan area comprises Pennsylvania’s third-largest metropolitan area.The city is split up into four sections: Historic Downtown, which lies directly to the north of the Lehigh River, to the west of the Delaware River, continuing west to Sixth Street; The West Ward, which lies between Sixth and Fifteenth Streets; The South Side, which lies south of the Lehigh River; and College Hill, a neighborhood on the hills to the north of downtown, which is the home of Lafayette College, a liberal arts and engineering institution. The boroughs of Wilson, West Easton, and Glendon are also directly adjacent to the city; the first and largest of which, Wilson, partially aligns in the same North-South Grid as the city of Easton.The greater Easton area consists of the city, three townships (Forks, Palmer, and Williams), and three boroughs (Glendon, West Easton, and Wilson).Centre Square, the town square of the city’s Downtown neighborhood, is home to the Soldiers’ & Sailors’ Monument, a memorial for Easton area veterans killed during the American Civil War. In the first half of the 20th century, Centre Square was reportedly referred to by locals as the “Circle.” The Peace Candle, a candle-like structure, is assembled and disassembled every year atop the Civil War monument for the Christmas season.The Norfolk Southern Railway’s Lehigh Line (formerly the main line of the Lehigh Valley Railroad), runs through Easton on its way to Bethlehem and Allentown heading west and to Phillipsburg, New Jersey just across the Delaware River.
Cities with a similar population density as Easton
Other cities that have a similar population density as Easton, Pennsylvania are:
- San Leandro, California with a population density of 2,111 people per sq km (5,467 / sq mi).
- Medford, Massachusetts with a population density of 2,504 people per sq km (6,486 / sq mi).
- Hacienda Heights, California with a population density of 1,865 people per sq km (4,829 / sq mi).
- South Miami, Florida with a population density of 1,865 people per sq km (4,826 / sq mi).
- New Haven, Connecticut with a population density of 2,505 people per sq km (6,488 / sq mi).
- Orem, Utah with a population density of 1,896 people per sq km (4,911 / sq mi).
- Miami Gardens, Florida with a population density of 2,176 people per sq km (5,634 / sq mi).
- Weymouth, Massachusetts with a population density of 2,488 people per sq km (6,444 / sq mi).
- San Jose, California with a population density of 2,193 people per sq km (5,680 / sq mi).
- West Fargo, North Dakota with a population density of 2,158 people per sq km (5,593 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as Easton
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Easton, Pennsylvania:
- Maple Valley, Washington with a population of 22,684 people
- Lafayette, California with a population of 23,893 people
- Mequon, Wisconsin with a population of 23,132 people
- San Fernando, California with a population of 23,645 people
- Kyle, Texas with a population of 28,016 people
- McMinnville, Oregon with a population of 32,187 people
- Green, Ohio with a population of 25,699 people
- Clinton, Mississippi with a population of 25,216 people
- Westlake, Ohio with a population of 32,729 people
- Elmira, New York with a population of 29,200 people
Cities with a similar size as Easton
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Easton, Pennsylvania, here you go:
- Eunice, Louisiana with 13.31 square kilometers (13.31 sq mi), population: 10,398
- Summit, New Jersey with 15.66 square kilometers (15.66 sq mi), population: 21,457
- Birmingham, Michigan with 12.44 square kilometers (12.44 sq mi), population: 20,103
- La Vista, Nebraska with 14.07 square kilometers (14.07 sq mi), population: 15,758
- Stoughton, Wisconsin with 15.68 square kilometers (15.68 sq mi), population: 12,611
- Canyon Lake, California with 12.10 square kilometers (12.10 sq mi), population: 10,561
- Clute, Texas with 14.65 square kilometers (14.65 sq mi), population: 10,424
- Haysville, Kansas with 12.10 square kilometers (12.10 sq mi), population: 10,826
- Garden City, Idaho with 11.07 square kilometers (11.07 sq mi), population: 10,972
- Cedarburg, Wisconsin with 12.67 square kilometers (12.67 sq mi), population: 11,412