If you ever wondered how many inhabitants Everett in Washington has, here is the answer:
Everett, Washington has a population of 103,019 residents.
With an area of 125.09 sq km (48.3 sq mi), that comes down to a population density of 823.56 inhabitants per square kilometer (2132.9 / sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population of 8,398,748 inhabitants and a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi).
Everett is the county seat of and the largest city in Snohomish County, Washington, United States. It is located 25 miles (40 km) north of Seattle and is one of the main cities in the metropolitan area and Puget Sound region. Everett is the seventh-largest city in Washington state by population, with a total of 103,019 residents at the 2010 census. The city is located on a peninsula at the mouth of the Snohomish River along Port Gardner Bay, an inlet of Possession Sound (itself part of Puget Sound), and extends to the south and west.The Port Gardner Peninsula was historically inhabited by the Snohomish people, who had a winter village named Hibulb near the mouth of the river. Modern settlement in the area began with loggers and homesteaders arriving in the 1860s, but plans to build a city were not conceived until 1890. A consortium of East Coast investors seeking to build a major industrial city acquired land in the area and filed a platted for “Everett”, which they named in honor of Everett Colby, the son of investor Charles L. Colby. The city was incorporated in 1893, shortly after the arrival of the Great Northern Railway, and prospered as a major lumber center with several large sawmills.Everett became the county seat in 1897 after a dispute with Snohomish contested over several elections and a Supreme Court case. The city was the site of labor unrest during the 1910s, which culminated in the Everett massacre in 1916 that killed several members of the Industrial Workers of the World. The area was connected by new interurban railways and highway bridges in the 1920s, transforming it into a major commercial hub, and gained an airport at Paine Field in 1936.The city’s economy transitioned away from lumber and towards aerospace after World War II, with the construction of Boeing’s aircraft assembly plant at Paine Field in 1967. Boeing’s presence brought additional industrial and commercial development to Everett, as well as new residential neighborhoods to the south and west of the peninsula that was annexed by the city. Boeing remains the city’s largest employer, alongside the U.S. Navy, which has operated Naval Station Everett since 1992.Everett remains a major employment center for Snohomish County, but has also become a bedroom community for Seattle in recent decades. It is connected to Seattle by Interstate 5 and various public transit services at Everett Station, including the Sounder commuter train, Amtrak, and commuter buses. Everett stages several annual festivals and is also home to minor league sports teams, including the Everett Silvertips at Angel of the Winds Arena.
Cities with a similar population size as Everett
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Everett, Washington:
- Concord, California with a population of 125,880 people
- Fairfield, California with a population of 105,321 people
- Lee’s Summit, Missouri with a population of 91,364 people
- Lynn, Massachusetts with a population of 90,329 people
- Flint, Michigan with a population of 100,515 people
- Orem, Utah with a population of 90,749 people
- Albany, New York with a population of 100,104 people
- Allentown, Pennsylvania with a population of 118,032 people
- Spokane Valley, Washington with a population of 89,755 people
- Peoria, Illinois with a population of 113,546 people
Cities with a similar size as Everett
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Everett, Washington, here you go:
- Oceanside, California with 109.23 square kilometers, population: 174,558
- Red Wing, Minnesota with 107.29 square kilometers, population: 16,459
- Warwick, Rhode Island with 128.96 square kilometers, population: 82,672
- Georgetown, Texas with 140.73 square kilometers, population: 47,400
- Billings, Montana with 113.47 square kilometers, population: 104,170
- LaGrange, Georgia with 110.87 square kilometers, population: 29,588
- Battle Creek, Michigan with 113.27 square kilometers, population: 25,267
- Elk Grove, California with 109.41 square kilometers, population: 153,015
- Wilmington, North Carolina with 137.62 square kilometers, population: 117,525
- Anniston, Alabama with 118.39 square kilometers, population: 22,666
Cities with a similar population density as Everett
Other cities that have a similar population density as Everett, Washington are:
- Healdsburg, California with a population density of 973 people per sq km (2,523 / sq mi).
- Farmington Hills, Michigan with a population density of 924 people per sq km (2,394 / sq mi).
- Middleton, Wisconsin with a population density of 725 people per sq km (1,878 / sq mi).
- Baytown, Texas with a population density of 699 people per sq km (1,811 / sq mi).
- Vidor, Texas with a population density of 998 people per sq km (2,587 / sq mi).
- Neenah, Wisconsin with a population density of 1,025 people per sq km (2,654 / sq mi).
- Temple, Texas with a population density of 952 people per sq km (2,466 / sq mi).
- Donna, Texas with a population density of 735 people per sq km (1,903 / sq mi).
- Eunice, Louisiana with a population density of 781 people per sq km (2,023 / sq mi).
- The Colony, Texas with a population density of 871 people per sq km (2,256 / sq mi).
Cities from the same state: Washington
Let’s see what other cities Washington has to offer:
- Maple Valley, Washington with 22,684 inhabitants
- East Wenatchee, Washington with 13,190 inhabitants
- Ellensburg, Washington with 18,174 inhabitants
- Enumclaw, Washington with 11,116 inhabitants
- Bainbridge Island, Washington with 23,025 inhabitants
- Bainbridge Island, Washington with 23,025 inhabitants
- Puyallup, Washington with 37,022 inhabitants
- Issaquah, Washington with 30,434 inhabitants
- Bellevue, Washington with 122,363 inhabitants
- Yakima, Washington with 91,067 inhabitants
Cities with the same name “Everett”
Same name but different game – do we have sister cities from other states:
- Everett, Massachusetts with a population of 41,667 residents