If you ever wondered how many inhabitants Wilsonville in Oregon has, here is the answer:
Wilsonville, Oregon has a population of 19,509 residents.
With an area of 19.38 sq km (7.48 sq mi), that comes down to a population density of 1006.66 inhabitants per square kilometer (2608.16 / sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population of 8,398,748 inhabitants and a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi).
Wilsonville is a city primarily in Clackamas County, Oregon, United States. A portion of the northern section of the city is in Washington County. It was founded as Boones Landing because of the Boones Ferry which crossed the Willamette River at the location; the community became Wilsonville in 1880. The city was incorporated in 1969 with a population of approximately 1,000. The population was 13,991 at the 2000 census, and grew to 19,509 as of 2010. Slightly more than 90% of residents at the 2000 census were white, with Hispanics comprising the largest minority group.Located within the Portland metropolitan area, the city also includes the planned communities of Charbonneau on the south side of the river, and Villebois on the western edge. The city is bisected by Interstate 5 and includes I-5’s Boone Bridge over the Willamette. Public transportation is provided by the city-owned South Metro Area Regional Transit, which connects to the Portland-based TriMet by train through TriMet’s WES and by bus at the Tualatin Park & Ride. Students in public schools attend schools in the West Linn-Wilsonville and Canby school districts, including the only traditional high school, Wilsonville High School. Clackamas Community College and Pioneer Pacific College both have campuses in the city.Wilsonville has a council-manager form of government and operates its own library, public works, and parks department. Fire and police protection are contracted out to other regional government agencies. The city is home to several technology companies including Mentor Graphics, along with Stream Global Services, the largest employer in the city. Wilsonville contains many distribution and manufacturing buildings adjacent to Interstate 5 such as regional distribution facilities for Coca-Cola and Rite Aid. Retail centers include Argyle Square on the north and the Town Center Shopping Center to the south. Media in Wilsonville consists of the Portland area broadcast stations, regional newspapers, and the local Wilsonville Spokesman newspaper.
Cities with a similar population size as Wilsonville
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Wilsonville, Oregon:
- Anniston, Alabama with a population of 22,666 people
- Brigham City, Utah with a population of 17,899 people
- Ypsilanti, Michigan with a population of 19,435 people
- Sidney, Ohio with a population of 20,211 people
- Ashland, Kentucky with a population of 21,684 people
- South Ogden, Utah with a population of 16,738 people
- Decatur, Georgia with a population of 19,853 people
- Union City, Georgia with a population of 19,456 people
- Mukilteo, Washington with a population of 20,254 people
- Nogales, Arizona with a population of 20,837 people
Cities with a similar size as Wilsonville
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Wilsonville, Oregon, here you go:
- Chamblee, Georgia with 19.97 square kilometers, population: 29,000
- Big Lake, Minnesota with 20.32 square kilometers, population: 10,060
- Auburn, New York with 21.78 square kilometers, population: 27,687
- South Gate, California with 19.04 square kilometers, population: 94,396
- Baldwin Park, California with 17.57 square kilometers, population: 75,390
- Lynnwood, Washington with 20.37 square kilometers, population: 36,485
- Atchison, Kansas with 21.59 square kilometers, population: 11,021
- Erlanger, Kentucky with 21.96 square kilometers, population: 18,368
- Agoura Hills, California with 20.26 square kilometers, population: 20,745
- Eastlake, Ohio with 16.90 square kilometers, population: 18,577
Cities with a similar population density as Wilsonville
Other cities that have a similar population density as Wilsonville, Oregon are:
- Springfield, Ohio with a population density of 909 people per sq km (2,354 / sq mi).
- Sugar Land, Texas with a population density of 907 people per sq km (2,350 / sq mi).
- Kirkland, Washington with a population density of 1,056 people per sq km (2,736 / sq mi).
- Temple, Texas with a population density of 952 people per sq km (2,466 / sq mi).
- Fall River, Massachusetts with a population density of 853 people per sq km (2,209 / sq mi).
- Raytown, Missouri with a population density of 1,143 people per sq km (2,961 / sq mi).
- Mesquite, Texas with a population density of 1,168 people per sq km (3,026 / sq mi).
- Missoula, Montana with a population density of 964 people per sq km (2,496 / sq mi).
- Grants Pass, Oregon with a population density of 1,030 people per sq km (2,666 / sq mi).
- Streator, Illinois with a population density of 898 people per sq km (2,326 / sq mi).
Cities from the same state: Oregon
Let’s see what other cities Oregon has to offer:
- Tigard, Oregon with 48,035 inhabitants
- Oregon City, Oregon with 31,859 inhabitants
- Damascus, Oregon with 10,539 inhabitants
- Tualatin, Oregon with 26,054 inhabitants
- Roseburg, Oregon with 21,181 inhabitants
- Hillsboro, Oregon with 91,611 inhabitants
- Hermiston, Oregon with 17,111 inhabitants
- Salem, Oregon with 154,637 inhabitants
- Central Point, Oregon with 17,411 inhabitants
- Beaverton, Oregon with 89,803 inhabitants