How many baby Alpine musk deers are in a litter?
A Alpine musk deer (Moschus chrysogaster) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 1 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 188 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 660 grams (1.46 lbs) and measure 2.6 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Moschidae family (genus: Moschus). An adult Alpine musk deer grows up to a size of 90 cm (3′ 0″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Alpine musk deer (Moschus chrysogaster) is a musk deer species native to the eastern Himalayas in Nepal, Bhutan and India to the highlands of Tibet.The Alpine musk deer recorded in the Himalayan foothills is now considered a separate species, the Himalayan musk deer.It is the state animal of Uttarakhand.
Other animals of the family Moschidae
Alpine musk deer is a member of the Moschidae, as are these animals:
- Black musk deer weighting around 13.6 kilograms (29.98 lbs)
- Dwarf musk deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Siberian musk deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Alpine musk deer
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Bowhead whale
- Caribbean monk seal
- Fin whale
- Sambar deer
- Collared mangabey
- Long-legged bat
- Kelaart’s pipistrelle
- Southern hairy-nosed wombat
- Juan Fernández fur seal
- Acuminate horseshoe bat
Animals with the same weight as a Alpine musk deer
What other animals weight around 13.6 kg (29.98 lbs)?
- Dwarf musk deer usually reaching 12.39 kgs (27.32 lbs)
- Ethiopian wolf usually reaching 14.38 kgs (31.7 lbs)
- Gray snub-nosed monkey usually reaching 12.3 kgs (27.12 lbs)
- Harvey’s duiker usually reaching 14.5 kgs (31.97 lbs)
- Ursine tree-kangaroo usually reaching 13.28 kgs (29.28 lbs)
- Ruwenzori duiker usually reaching 15 kgs (33.07 lbs)
- Pennant’s colobus usually reaching 10.9 kgs (24.03 lbs)
- Yellow baboon usually reaching 15.82 kgs (34.88 lbs)
- Dorcas gazelle usually reaching 15.57 kgs (34.33 lbs)
- Black musk deer usually reaching 13.6 kgs (29.98 lbs)
Animals with the same size as a Alpine musk deer
Also reaching around 90 cm (3′ 0″) in size do these animals:
- Maxwell’s duiker gets as big as 84.6 cm (2′ 10″)
- Malabar large-spotted civet gets as big as 84.5 cm (2′ 10″)
- African golden cat gets as big as 79.9 cm (2′ 8″)
- Iberian lynx gets as big as 96.3 cm (3′ 2″)
- Collared peccary gets as big as 88.6 cm (2′ 11″)
- Goa (antelope) gets as big as 98 cm (3′ 3″)
- Northern hairy-nosed wombat gets as big as 1 meter (3′ 4″)
- African clawless otter gets as big as 80.9 cm (2′ 8″)
- Bonobo gets as big as 75.3 cm (2′ 6″)
- Large Indian civet gets as big as 81.9 cm (2′ 9″)