How many baby Asian particolored bats are in a litter?
A Asian particolored bat (Vespertilio sinensis) usually gives birth to around 2 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 52 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 1.7 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Vespertilio). An adult Asian particolored bat grows up to a size of 19.7 cm (0′ 8″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Asian parti-colored bat (Vespertilio sinensis) is a species of parti-coloured bat. An adult Asian parti-colored bat has a body length of 6–7 cm, a tail of 4.3-4.5 cm, and a wing length of 5 cm. Asian parti-colored bats are distributed across East Asia, from Taiwan through eastern China, eastern Mongolia and Russia (Siberia) to the Korean Peninsula and Japan (Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu).
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Asian particolored bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Blanford’s bat weighting only 6 grams
- Moloney’s mimic bat weighting only 8 grams
- Dark-winged lesser house bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Rüppell’s pipistrelle with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Large-footed bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Botta’s serotine weighting only 15 grams
- Whitehead’s woolly bat weighting only 3 grams
- Eastern red bat with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Natal long-fingered bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Southwestern myotis with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Asian particolored bat
Those animals also give birth to 2 babies at once:
- Pied tamarin
- Fraser’s musk shrew
- Buffy-tufted marmoset
- Tawny deer mouse
- American pika
- Red hocicudo
- Desert bandicoot
- Common treeshrew
Animals with the same weight as a Asian particolored bat
What other animals weight around 24 grams (0.05 lbs)?
- Steppe field mouse weighting 20 grams
- Pleasant bolo mouse weighting 27 grams
- Northwestern deer mouse weighting 28 grams
- Oligoryzomys arenalis weighting 25 grams
- Sandstone false antechinus weighting 23 grams
- Salvin’s big-eyed bat weighting 26 grams
- Bank vole weighting 20 grams
- Dickey’s deer mouse weighting 28 grams
- Cotton mouse weighting 27 grams
- Angolan free-tailed bat weighting 26 grams