How many baby Black wallaroos are in a litter?
A Black wallaroo (Macropus bernardus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 4 grams (0.01 lbs) and measure 2.6 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Macropodidae family (genus: Macropus). An adult Black wallaroo grows up to a size of 64.6 cm (2′ 2″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The black wallaroo (Osphranter bernardus), Bernard’s wallaroo or Woodward’s wallaroo, is a species of macropod restricted to a small, mountainous area in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, Australia, between South Alligator River and Nabarlek. It classified as near threatened, mostly due to its limited distribution. A large proportion of the range is protected by Kakadu National Park.
Other animals of the family Macropodidae
Black wallaroo is a member of the Macropodidae, as are these animals:
- Yellow-footed rock-wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Northern nail-tail wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Black-striped wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Common wallaroo with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brown’s pademelon with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Spectacled hare-wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Allied rock-wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red kangaroo with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Gray dorcopsis with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Proserpine rock-wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Black wallaroo
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Thomas’s rope squirrel
- Black and rufous elephant shrew
- Iberian ibex
- Weddell seal
- White-nosed saki
- Little Japanese horseshoe bat
- Red forest duiker
- Black-crested Sumatran langur
- Common ringtail possum
- Lord Derby’s scaly-tailed squirrel
Animals with the same weight as a Black wallaroo
What other animals weight around 17 kg (37.48 lbs)?
- Eurasian beaver usually reaching 19 kgs (41.89 lbs)
- Speke’s gazelle usually reaching 20 kgs (44.09 lbs)
- Four-horned antelope usually reaching 19.19 kgs (42.31 lbs)
- Yellow baboon usually reaching 15.82 kgs (34.88 lbs)
- Dwarf brocket usually reaching 16.04 kgs (35.36 lbs)
- Mérida brocket usually reaching 16.5 kgs (36.38 lbs)
- African clawless otter usually reaching 19.16 kgs (42.24 lbs)
- Chacma baboon usually reaching 17.73 kgs (39.09 lbs)
- Ethiopian wolf usually reaching 14.38 kgs (31.7 lbs)
- Drill (animal) usually reaching 14.23 kgs (31.37 lbs)