How many baby Bobrinski’s jerboas are in a litter?
A Bobrinski’s jerboa (Allactodipus bobrinskii) usually gives birth to around 5 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 13 kg (28.66 lbs) and measure 4 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Dipodidae family (genus: Allactodipus). An adult Bobrinski’s jerboa grows up to a size of 2.83 meter (9′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Bobrinski’s jerboa (Allactodipus bobrinskii) is a species of rodent in the family Dipodidae. It is monotypic within the genus Allactodipus.It is found in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Other animals of the family Dipodidae
Bobrinski’s jerboa is a member of the Dipodidae, as are these animals:
- Four-toed jerboa weighting only 52 grams
- Meadow jumping mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Altai birch mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Greater Egyptian jerboa with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Pacific jumping mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Mongolian five-toed jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Comb-toed jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Euphrates jerboa with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Blanford’s jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Tien Shan birch mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Bobrinski’s jerboa
Those animals also give birth to 5 babies at once: