How many baby Flat-haired mouses are in a litter?
A Flat-haired mouse (Mus platythrix) usually gives birth to around 6 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 2.1 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Mus). An adult Flat-haired mouse grows up to a size of 6.1 cm (0′ 3″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The flat-haired mouse (Mus platythrix) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found only in India, where it is widely distributed throughout South India and central India.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Flat-haired mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Isarog shrew-rat weighting only 122 grams
- Arizona cotton rat weighting only 198 grams
- Long-tailed mountain rat weighting only 79 grams
- Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat raching a size of 26.5 cm (0′ 11″)
- Short-tailed bandicoot rat with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Wood mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Olive grass mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Small-toothed harvest mouse weighting only 20 grams
- Wood lemming with 5 babies per pregnancy
- White-footed mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Flat-haired mouse
Those animals also give birth to 6 babies at once:
- Little red kaluta
- Bornean bearded pig
- Northern quoll
- New Guinean quoll
- European ground squirrel
- Philippine warty pig
- Alaskan hare
- Mindoro black rat
- Günther’s vole
Animals with the same weight as a Flat-haired mouse
What other animals weight around 29 grams (0.06 lbs)?
- Western mouse weighting 34 grams
- North African gerbil weighting 27 grams
- Oligoryzomys nigripes weighting 34 grams
- Japanese grass vole weighting 29 grams
- Roraima mouse weighting 33 grams
- Angolan free-tailed bat weighting 26 grams
- Woolly horseshoe bat weighting 34 grams
- Salvin’s big-eyed bat weighting 26 grams
- Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat weighting 25 grams
- Schreber’s yellow bat weighting 26 grams