How big does a Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat get? Here is an overview over the average adult age:
A grown Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat (Crateromys australis) reaches an average size of 26.5 cm (0′ 11″).
When born, they have an average size of 0 cm (0′ 0″). The Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat (genus: Crateromys) is a member of the family Muridae.
As a reference: Humans reach an average body size of 1.65m (5′ 5″) while carrying 62 kg (137 lbs). A human woman is pregnant for 280 days (40 weeks) and on average become 75 years old.
The Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat, Dinagat crateromys or Dinagat cloud rat (Crateromys australis) is a species of cloud rat in the family Muridae. It is one of the eight cloud rats found only in the Philippines, and is specifically endemic to Dinagat Island. It is known locally as hawili. A single specimen was discovered in 1975 by Dioscoro S. Rabor and his team during a scientific survey in Dinagat. The natural habitat is tropical lowland forests, which is facing environmental threats. Habitat loss is caused by progressive deforestation from heavy logging and chromite mining in the area. Almost 40 years after the original discovery, five live specimens were discovered by Milada Řeháková, Václav Řehák and William L.R. Oliver, in 2012.
Animals of the same family as a Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Plateau mouse with 2 babies per litter
- Chelemys macronyx with 4 babies per litter
- Buff-bellied climbing mouse with a weight of 89 grams
- Arianus’s rat with a size of 13.2 cm (0′ 6″)
- Thomas’s pine vole with 4 babies per litter
- Large tree mouse with a size of 13.6 cm (0′ 6″)
- White-tailed rat with 3 babies per litter
- Bushveld gerbil with 4 babies per litter
- Pallid Atlantic Forest rat with a weight of 90 grams
- Pouched gerbil with 2 babies per litter
Animals with the same size as a Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat
Not that size really matters, but it makes things comparable. So here are a couple of animals that are as big as Dinagat bushy-tailed cloud rat:
- Arizona gray squirrel with a size of 26.4 cm (0′ 11″)
- Bagobo rat with a size of 28.9 cm (1′ 0″)
- Koslov’s pika with a size of 24 cm (0′ 10″)
- Bare-tailed woolly opossum with a size of 22.4 cm (0′ 9″)
- Abert’s squirrel with a size of 26.9 cm (0′ 11″)
- Sardinian pika with a size of 22.5 cm (0′ 9″)
- Isabel naked-tailed rat with a size of 27 cm (0′ 11″)
- Hispaniolan hutia with a size of 30 cm (1′ 0″)
- Brown-tailed mongoose with a size of 29.7 cm (1′ 0″)
- Golden bamboo lemur with a size of 30.5 cm (1′ 1″)