How many baby Greater bamboo bats are in a litter?
A Greater bamboo bat (Tylonycteris robustula) usually gives birth to around 2 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 2 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 91 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 8.4 cm (0′ 4″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Tylonycteris). An adult Greater bamboo bat grows up to a size of 2.83 meter (9′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The greater bamboo bat (Tylonycteris robustula) is a species of vesper bat in the family Vespertilionidae.It is found in Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.It has two subspecies:Tylonycteris robustula malayanaTylonycteris robustula robustula
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Greater bamboo bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Rendall’s serotine weighting only 6 grams
- Painted bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Great evening bat weighting only 49 grams
- Eisentraut’s pipistrelle weighting only 6 grams
- Greater Asiatic yellow bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Bechstein’s bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Botta’s serotine weighting only 15 grams
- Ridley’s bat weighting only 4 grams
- Hoary wattled bat weighting only 8 grams
- Southwestern myotis with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Greater bamboo bat
Those animals also give birth to 2 babies at once:
- African clawless otter
- Ruwenzori sun squirrel
- Greater dwarf lemur
- Saharan striped polecat
- Golden spiny mouse
- Eastern gray squirrel
- African striped weasel
- Transcaspian vole
- True’s vole
- Brush-tailed rabbit rat
Animals with the same weight as a Greater bamboo bat
What other animals weight around 7 grams (0.02 lbs)?
- Kenyan wattled bat weighting 7 grams
- Hairy slit-faced bat weighting 7 grams
- Little bent-wing bat weighting 7 grams
- Western barbastelle weighting 8 grams
- Fawn leaf-nosed bat weighting 8 grams
- Broad-headed pipistrelle weighting 6 grams
- Miniopterus macrocneme weighting 7 grams
- Yellow-faced horseshoe bat weighting 6 grams
- Fog shrew weighting 8 grams
- Blanford’s bat weighting 6 grams