How many baby Painted bats are in a litter?
A Painted bat (Kerivoula picta) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 8.5 cm (0′ 4″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Kerivoula). An adult Painted bat grows up to a size of 10.2 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The painted bat (Kerivoula picta) is a species of vesper bat in the family Vespertilionidae.It is found in Bangladesh, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. It is found in arid woodland and is fairly uncommon but widespread.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Painted bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Schlieffen’s bat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Common pipistrelle with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Flores woolly bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Variegated butterfly bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Lesser large-footed bat weighting only 8 grams
- Tricolored bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Pipistrellus babu weighting only 4 grams
- Bechstein’s bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Bobrinski’s serotine weighting only 7 grams
- Natal long-fingered bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Painted bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Linnaeus’s two-toed sloth
- Black wallaroo
- Narrow-striped mongoose
- Lander’s horseshoe bat
- Indian pangolin
- Collared titi
- Green bush squirrel
- Rhinolophus simplex
Animals with the same weight as a Painted bat
What other animals weight around 4 grams (0.01 lbs)?
- Hardwicke’s woolly bat weighting 4 grams
- Saussure’s shrew weighting 4 grams
- Least dwarf shrew weighting 4 grams
- Spix’s disk-winged bat weighting 4 grams
- Trinidad dog-like bat weighting 4 grams
- Brown tube-nosed bat weighting 4 grams
- Borneo roundleaf bat weighting 4 grams
- Zulu serotine weighting 4 grams
- Pipistrellus babu weighting 4 grams
- Lesser horseshoe bat weighting 4 grams