How many baby Flores woolly bats are in a litter?
A Flores woolly bat (Kerivoula flora) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 8.5 cm (0′ 4″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Kerivoula). An adult Flores woolly bat grows up to a size of 10.2 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Flores woolly bat (Kerivoula flora) is a species of vesper bat in the family Vespertilionidae.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Flores woolly bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Asian particolored bat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Harlequin bat weighting only 22 grams
- Daubenton’s bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brown long-eared bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Greater noctule bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Canyon bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Big brown bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- De Winton’s long-eared bat weighting only 6 grams
- Kerivoula hardwickei with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Round-eared tube-nosed bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Flores woolly bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Diana monkey
- Bechstein’s bat
- Red-fronted gazelle
- African savanna hare
- Painted bat
- Brown dorcopsis
- Eastern forest bat
- Parti-coloured bat
- Dassie rat
- Spectral bat
Animals with the same weight as a Flores woolly bat
What other animals weight around 6 grams (0.01 lbs)?
- Smoky shrew weighting 7 grams
- Taiwanese brown-toothed shrew weighting 6 grams
- Desert pygmy mouse weighting 6 grams
- Brown pipistrelle weighting 6 grams
- Jackson’s shrew weighting 7 grams
- Dwarf slit-faced bat weighting 6 grams
- Trowbridge’s shrew weighting 5 grams
- White-winged serotine weighting 5 grams
- Egyptian pygmy shrew weighting 7 grams
- Tricolored bat weighting 5 grams