How many baby Hershkovitz’s titis are in a litter?
A Hershkovitz’s titi (Callicebus dubius) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 73 grams (0.16 lbs) and measure 7.2 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Cebidae family (genus: Callicebus). An adult Hershkovitz’s titi grows up to a size of 35.5 cm (1′ 2″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Hershkovitz’s titi (Plecturocebus dubius) is a species of titi, a type of New World monkey, from South America. It is found in Bolivia, Brazil, and Peru. The common name is in reference to American zoologist Philip Hershkovitz, who described the species as Callicebus dubius in 1988.
Other animals of the family Cebidae
Hershkovitz’s titi is a member of the Cebidae, as are these animals:
- Gray-bellied night monkey weighting only 800 grams
- White-bellied spider monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- White-faced saki with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red-faced spider monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Colombian white-faced capuchin with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Guatemalan black howler with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Southern muriqui with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Black capuchin with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Three-striped night monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brown woolly monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Hershkovitz’s titi
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Chacma baboon
- Green ringtail possum
- Black wildebeest
- Little free-tailed bat
- Lesser sheath-tailed bat
- Spectral bat
- Fire-footed rope squirrel
- Tibetan macaque
- Red bush squirrel
Animals with the same weight as a Hershkovitz’s titi
What other animals weight around 992 grams (2.19 lbs)?
- Utah prairie dog weighting 900 grams
- D’Albertis’ ringtail possum weighting 796 grams
- Aotus infulatus weighting 800 grams
- Long-nosed echymipera usually reaching 1.05 kgs (2.31 lbs)
- Hispaniolan solenodon weighting 893 grams
- Lemur-like ringtail possum weighting 997 grams
- Rio Beni titi weighting 992 grams
- Bare-eared squirrel monkey weighting 888 grams
- Spotted giant flying squirrel usually reaching 1.04 kgs (2.29 lbs)
- American marten weighting 878 grams