How many baby Jalapan pine voles are in a litter?
A Jalapan pine vole (Microtus quasiater) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 3.2 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Microtus). An adult Jalapan pine vole grows up to a size of 9.9 cm (0′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Jalapan pine vole (Microtus quasiater) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It is found only in Mexico.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Jalapan pine vole is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Brazilian arboreal mouse weighting only 21 grams
- Oldfield mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Transbaikal zokor with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Hylaeamys megacephalus with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Ghana rufous-nosed rat weighting only 85 grams
- Tarabundí vole with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Middle East blind mole-rat with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Malayan field rat with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Webb’s tufted-tailed rat weighting only 61 grams
- Champion’s tree mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Jalapan pine vole
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Lesser bamboo bat
- Hershkovitz’s titi
- Indo-Pacific humpback dolphin
- Giant roundleaf bat
- Serotine bat
- Southern forest bat
- Gray-bellied night monkey
- Water buffalo
- Pale spear-nosed bat
- Red goral
Animals with the same weight as a Jalapan pine vole
What other animals weight around 40 grams (0.09 lbs)?
- Fawn antechinus weighting 38 grams
- Woosnam’s brush-furred rat weighting 42 grams
- Umboi tube-nosed fruit bat weighting 41 grams
- Verreaux’s mouse weighting 41 grams
- Djoongari weighting 43 grams
- Caatinga vesper mouse weighting 39 grams
- Lesser tree mouse weighting 45 grams
- Tawny deer mouse weighting 40 grams
- Yellow-footed antechinus weighting 44 grams
- Large myotis weighting 42 grams