How many baby Little Indian field mouses are in a litter?
A Little Indian field mouse (Mus booduga) usually gives birth to around 5 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 1.05 kg (2.31 lbs) and measure 9.9 cm (0′ 4″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Mus). An adult Little Indian field mouse grows up to a size of 12.9 cm (0′ 6″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The little Indian field mouse (Mus booduga) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Little Indian field mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Subalpine woolly rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Shortridge’s multimammate mouse weighting only 46 grams
- True’s vole with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Definitive leaf-eared mouse weighting only 89 grams
- Handleyomys chapmani weighting only 49 grams
- Large mosaic-tailed rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Andean rat weighting only 53 grams
- Blackish grass mouse weighting only 19 grams
- Northwestern deer mouse raching a size of 9.3 cm (0′ 4″)
- Gorongoza gerbil weighting only 118 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Little Indian field mouse
Those animals also give birth to 5 babies at once:
- Golden-mantled ground squirrel
- Southern white-breasted hedgehog
- Cutch rat
- Shaw’s jird
- Mearns’s pouched mouse
- Arctic hare
- Montane shrew
- Narrow-nosed planigale
- Edible dormouse
- Soft-furred rat
Animals with the same weight as a Little Indian field mouse
What other animals weight around 13 grams (0.03 lbs)?
- Scaly-footed small-eared shrew weighting 11 grams
- Myosorex varius weighting 11 grams
- Short-headed broad-nosed bat weighting 14 grams
- Broad-eared horseshoe bat weighting 14 grams
- Greater long-fingered bat weighting 14 grams
- Trefoil horseshoe bat weighting 15 grams
- Sandy inland mouse weighting 14 grams
- Rhinolophus hilli weighting 13 grams
- Lesser mouse-tailed bat weighting 13 grams
- Aztec mastiff bat weighting 14 grams