How many baby Spotted bats are in a litter?
A Spotted bat (Euderma maculatum) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 3 grams (0.01 lbs) and measure 3.9 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Euderma). An adult Spotted bat grows up to a size of 13.1 cm (0′ 6″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The spotted bat (Euderma maculatum) is a bat species from the family of vesper bats and the only species of the genus Euderma.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Spotted bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Arabian pipistrelle weighting only 3 grams
- Great bent-winged bat weighting only 15 grams
- Riparian myotis weighting only 4 grams
- Tiny yellow bat weighting only 3 grams
- Cadorna’s pipistrelle weighting only 6 grams
- Southeast Asian long-fingered bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Somali serotine with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Daubenton’s bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Whitehead’s woolly bat weighting only 3 grams
- Eastern long-fingered bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Spotted bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Common spotted cuscus
- Western red colobus
- Southern needle-clawed bushbaby
- Red-tailed squirrel
- Allen’s woodrat
- Squirrel glider
- Drill (animal)
- Fire-footed rope squirrel
Animals with the same weight as a Spotted bat
What other animals weight around 16 grams (0.04 lbs)?
- Moon forest shrew weighting 18 grams
- Small vesper mouse weighting 14 grams
- Large-eared slit-faced bat weighting 14 grams
- Pond bat weighting 15 grams
- Welwitsch’s bat weighting 15 grams
- Meadow jumping mouse weighting 18 grams
- Spotted-winged fruit bat weighting 14 grams
- Broad-eared bat weighting 13 grams
- Long-tailed dunnart weighting 18 grams
- Luzon fruit bat weighting 16 grams