How many baby Unadorned rock-wallabys are in a litter?
A Unadorned rock-wallaby (Petrogale inornata) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 1 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 30 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 30 grams (0.07 lbs) and measure 9.2 cm (0′ 4″). They are a member of the Macropodidae family (genus: Petrogale). An adult Unadorned rock-wallaby grows up to a size of 19.2 cm (0′ 8″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The unadorned rock-wallaby (Petrogale inornata) is a member of a group of closely related rock-wallabies found in northeastern Queensland, Australia. It is paler than most of its relatives and even plainer, hence its common name.The unadorned rock-wallaby is patchily distributed in coastal ranges from around Rockhampton to near Townsville. This range includes the small range of the Proserpine rock-wallaby (P. persephone), the only rock-wallaby in the region not closely related to its neighbours. Interbreeding threatens the latter species.
Other animals of the family Macropodidae
Unadorned rock-wallaby is a member of the Macropodidae, as are these animals:
- Common wallaroo with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Black-flanked rock-wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Macleay’s dorcopsis with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brush-tailed rock-wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Crescent nail-tail wallaby with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Lumholtz’s tree-kangaroo with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Black dorcopsis with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Small dorcopsis with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Quokka with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Monjon with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Unadorned rock-wallaby
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Yellow baboon
- Taiwan vole
- Lichtenstein’s hartebeest
- Sea otter
- Moor macaque
- Northern ghost bat
- White-throated guenon
- Six-banded armadillo
- Red-bellied lemur
- Spotted-winged fruit bat
Animals with the same weight as a Unadorned rock-wallaby
What other animals weight around 4.56 kg (10.05 lbs)?
- Short-beaked echidna usually reaching 4.5 kgs (9.92 lbs)
- Sulawesi palm civet usually reaching 5.15 kgs (11.35 lbs)
- Olive colobus usually reaching 3.98 kgs (8.77 lbs)
- Vancouver Island marmot usually reaching 5.24 kgs (11.55 lbs)
- European wildcat usually reaching 4.53 kgs (9.99 lbs)
- Godman’s rock-wallaby usually reaching 4.75 kgs (10.47 lbs)
- Günther’s dik-dik usually reaching 4.61 kgs (10.16 lbs)
- Crab-eating macaque usually reaching 4.58 kgs (10.1 lbs)
- Otter civet usually reaching 4.25 kgs (9.37 lbs)
- Six-banded armadillo usually reaching 4.76 kgs (10.49 lbs)