It is hard to guess what a Abyssinian hare weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Abyssinian hare (Lepus habessinicus) on average weights 2.02 kg (4.44 lbs).
The Abyssinian hare is from the family Leporidae (genus: Lepus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 59.9 cm (2′ 0″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Abyssinian hare (Lepus habessinicus) is a species of mammal in the family Leporidae. It is almost entirely restricted to the nations of the Horn of Africa, though it extends marginally into eastern Sudan and may also occur in far northern Kenya. It has been suggested it should be considered conspecific with the Cape hare, but is considered a separate species based on (presumed) sympatry in their distributions.
Animals of the same family as a Abyssinian hare
We found other animals of the Leporidae family:
- Woolly hare bringing 2.47 kilos (5.45 lbs) to the scale
- Alaskan hare bringing 4.85 kilos (10.69 lbs) to the scale
- San José brush rabbit with a size of 29.4 cm (1′ 0″)
- Cape hare bringing 2.05 kilos (4.52 lbs) to the scale
- African savanna hare bringing 1.76 kilos (3.88 lbs) to the scale
- Desert cottontail with a weight of 882 grams
- Yarkand hare bringing 1.47 kilos (3.24 lbs) to the scale
- Korean hare with a size of 46.5 cm (1′ 7″)
- Volcano rabbit with a weight of 465 grams
- Tres Marias rabbit with a weight of 964 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Abyssinian hare
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Lepus habessinicus:
- Common genet with a weight of 1.77 kilos (3.9 lbs)
- Scaly-tailed possum with a weight of 1.81 kilos (3.99 lbs)
- Selous’s mongoose with a weight of 1.67 kilos (3.68 lbs)
- Banded hare-wallaby with a weight of 1.94 kilos (4.28 lbs)
- Crowned lemur with a weight of 1.7 kilos (3.75 lbs)
- Ornate cuscus with a weight of 1.79 kilos (3.95 lbs)
- Rusty-spotted genet with a weight of 1.95 kilos (4.3 lbs)
- Eastern common cuscus with a weight of 1.75 kilos (3.86 lbs)
- Asiatic brush-tailed porcupine with a weight of 2 kilos (4.41 lbs)
- Mexican hairy dwarf porcupine with a weight of 2 kilos (4.41 lbs)