It is hard to guess what a Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse (Phyllotis osilae) on average weights 43 grams (0.09 lbs).
The Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Phyllotis). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 10.5 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouses have 4 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse (Phyllotis osilae) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It is found in Argentina, Bolivia, and Peru.
Animals of the same family as a Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Pallid Atlantic Forest rat with a weight of 90 grams
- Atlantic Forest climbing mouse with a weight of 100 grams
- Angular hocicudo with a weight of 67 grams
- Oreoryzomys with a weight of 60 grams
- Lesser ranee mouse with a size of 6.5 cm (0′ 3″)
- Chiapan deer mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Steppe lemming with a weight of 20 grams
- Temminck’s mouse with a weight of 8 grams
- Krebs’s fat mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Sagebrush vole with a weight of 28 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Phyllotis osilae:
- Silent grass mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Typical striped grass mouse bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Yellow-pine chipmunk bringing 50 grams to the scale
- Montane vole bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Diadem leaf-nosed bat bringing 46 grams to the scale
- Mountain tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Thomas’s water mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Spotted bolo mouse bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Hairy-tailed bolo mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Red-nosed mouse bringing 46 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse: