It is hard to guess what a Central pebble-mound mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Central pebble-mound mouse (Pseudomys laborifex) on average weights 12 grams (0.03 lbs).
The Central pebble-mound mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Pseudomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 12.8 cm (0′ 6″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The central pebble-mound mouse (Pseudomys johnsoni) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae, native to Australia. The Kimberley mouse (Pseudomys laborifex) was, until recently, considered distinct from P. johnsoni, but they are now known to be conspecific. It is one of the pebble-mound mice.
Animals of the same family as a Central pebble-mound mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Nyika rock rat with 3 babies per litter
- Cape gerbil with a weight of 92 grams
- Maned rat with a weight of 755 grams
- Chelemys macronyx with a weight of 72 grams
- Ivory Coast rat with a weight of 52 grams
- Short-tailed Talaud mosaic-tailed rat with a size of 17.2 cm (0′ 7″)
- Silky Oldfield mouse with a weight of 115 grams
- Oecomys concolor with a weight of 54 grams
- Chiapan climbing rat with a weight of 280 grams
- Lataste’s gerbil with 4 babies per litter
Animals with the same weight as a Central pebble-mound mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Pseudomys laborifex:
- Usambara shrew bringing 11 grams to the scale
- Darien harvest mouse bringing 12 grams to the scale
- Small vesper mouse bringing 14 grams to the scale
- Noack’s roundleaf bat bringing 10 grams to the scale
- Aztec mastiff bat bringing 14 grams to the scale
- Pygmy short-tailed opossum bringing 11 grams to the scale
- Turbo shrew bringing 14 grams to the scale
- Sandy inland mouse bringing 14 grams to the scale
- Pearson’s horseshoe bat bringing 11 grams to the scale
- Orange nectar bat bringing 13 grams to the scale