It is hard to guess what a European pine vole weights. But we have the answer:
An adult European pine vole (Microtus subterraneus) on average weights 17 grams (0.04 lbs).
The European pine vole is from the family Muridae (genus: Microtus). It is usually born with about 1 grams (0 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 15.4 cm (0′ 7″). On average, European pine voles can have babies 5 times per year with a litter size of 2.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The European pine vole (Microtus subterraneus), also known as the common pine vole, is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is native to much of Europe and parts of Asia.This is a widespread, common species that lives in many types of habitat.
Animals of the same family as a European pine vole
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Red-bellied mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 79 grams
- Garlepp’s mouse with a weight of 59 grams
- Guatemalan deer mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Hairy-tailed bolo mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Oecomys flavicans with a weight of 73 grams
- Sula rat with a weight of 131 grams
- Savi’s pine vole with a weight of 20 grams
- Darling Downs hopping mouse with a weight of 89 grams
- Stolička’s mountain vole with a weight of 30 grams
- Cameroon soft-furred mouse with a weight of 41 grams
Animals with the same weight as a European pine vole
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Microtus subterraneus:
- Louise’s spiny mouse bringing 20 grams to the scale
- Brown fruit-eating bat bringing 19 grams to the scale
- Egyptian free-tailed bat bringing 17 grams to the scale
- Western pygmy possum bringing 15 grams to the scale
- Big free-tailed bat bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Davies’s big-eared bat bringing 18 grams to the scale
- White-footed mouse bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Geoffroy’s tailless bat bringing 15 grams to the scale
- Velvety fruit-eating bat bringing 16 grams to the scale
- Semon’s leaf-nosed bat bringing 14 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a European pine vole
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a European pine vole: