It is hard to guess what a Handleyomys intectus weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Handleyomys intectus (Oryzomys intectus) on average weights 60 grams (0.13 lbs).
The Handleyomys intectus is from the family Muridae (genus: Oryzomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 11.2 cm (0′ 5″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Handleyomys intectus, also known as the white-footed Handley’s mouse or Colombian rice rat, is a species of rodent in the genus Handleyomys of family Cricetidae. It occurs only in Colombia. It was previously included in Oryzomys (as Oryzomys intectus), but is closely similar to Handleyomys fuscatus (previously Aepeomys fuscatus), and accordingly both species were placed in the new genus Handleyomys in 2002.
Animals of the same family as a Handleyomys intectus
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Montane vole with a weight of 42 grams
- Natal multimammate mouse with a weight of 62 grams
- Large bamboo rat bringing 2.5 kilos (5.51 lbs) to the scale
- Abrothrix andinus with a weight of 18 grams
- Blazed Luzon shrew-rat with a size of 19.5 cm (0′ 8″)
- Rossel Island melomys with a size of 13.9 cm (0′ 6″)
- Malayan field rat with a weight of 119 grams
- Ungava collared lemming with a weight of 57 grams
- Andean mouse with a weight of 69 grams
- Western chestnut mouse with a weight of 70 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Handleyomys intectus
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Oryzomys intectus:
- Maritime striped squirrel bringing 66 grams to the scale
- Nephelomys keaysi bringing 58 grams to the scale
- Great fruit-eating bat bringing 59 grams to the scale
- Feather-tailed possum bringing 53 grams to the scale
- Córdoba vesper mouse bringing 49 grams to the scale
- East African little collared fruit bat bringing 53 grams to the scale
- Sambirano mouse lemur bringing 49 grams to the scale
- South African pouched mouse bringing 50 grams to the scale
- Grayish mouse opossum bringing 48 grams to the scale
- Target rat bringing 70 grams to the scale