It is hard to guess what a Hoffmanns’s titi weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Hoffmanns’s titi (Callicebus hoffmannsi) on average weights 1.07 kg (2.36 lbs).
The Hoffmanns’s titi is from the family Cebidae (genus: Callicebus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 35.5 cm (1′ 2″). Usually, Hoffmanns’s titis have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Hoffmanns’s titi (Plecturocebus hoffmannsi) is a species of titi, a type of New World monkey, endemic to Brazil. It was described as Callicebus hoffmannsi in 1908.
Animals of the same family as a Hoffmanns’s titi
We found other animals of the Cebidae family:
- Atlantic titi bringing 1.39 kilos (3.06 lbs) to the scale
- Mantled howler bringing 6.58 kilos (14.51 lbs) to the scale
- Monk saki bringing 2.11 kilos (4.65 lbs) to the scale
- Equatorial saki bringing 2.38 kilos (5.25 lbs) to the scale
- Humboldt’s white-fronted capuchin bringing 2.52 kilos (5.56 lbs) to the scale
- Gray-bellied night monkey with a weight of 873 grams
- Bald uakari bringing 3.42 kilos (7.54 lbs) to the scale
- Tufted capuchin bringing 2.76 kilos (6.08 lbs) to the scale
- Gray-bellied night monkey with a weight of 800 grams
- Peruvian night monkey with a weight of 800 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Hoffmanns’s titi
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Callicebus hoffmannsi:
- Giant golden-crowned flying fox with a weight of 1.09 kilos (2.4 lbs)
- Large flying fox with a weight of 1.03 kilos (2.27 lbs)
- Black flying squirrel with a weight of 1.19 kilos (2.62 lbs)
- Sunda flying lemur with a weight of 1.11 kilos (2.45 lbs)
- Common ringtail possum bringing 895 grams to the scale
- Malagasy giant rat with a weight of 1.18 kilos (2.6 lbs)
- Cream-coloured giant squirrel with a weight of 1.16 kilos (2.56 lbs)
- North African hedgehog bringing 931 grams to the scale
- Raffray’s bandicoot bringing 905 grams to the scale
- Banded mongoose with a weight of 1.26 kilos (2.78 lbs)
Animals with the same litter size as a Hoffmanns’s titi
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Hoffmanns’s titi: