It is hard to guess what a Large vesper mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Large vesper mouse (Calomys callosus) on average weights 45 grams (0.1 lbs).
The Large vesper mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Calomys). It is usually born with about 2 grams (0 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 24.7 cm (0′ 10″). On average, Large vesper mouses can have babies 3 times per year with a litter size of 5.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The large vesper mouse (Calomys callosus) is a South American rodent species of the family Cricetidae.It is found in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil and Paraguay.Its karyotype has 2n = 50 and FN = 66. It was formerly synonymized with C. expulsus, but the latter has 2n = 66 and FN = 68.It is particularly notable as the vector of Bolivian hemorrhagic fever.
Animals of the same family as a Large vesper mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Cochabamba grass mouse with a weight of 34 grams
- Woodland Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Long-footed rat with a size of 15.7 cm (0′ 7″)
- Large mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 210 grams
- Phillips’s gerbil with a weight of 127 grams
- Desert woodrat with a weight of 144 grams
- Kemp’s gerbil with a weight of 101 grams
- Buffoon striped grass mouse with a weight of 26 grams
- Euryoryzomys lamia with a weight of 60 grams
- Northern red-backed vole with a weight of 19 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Large vesper mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Calomys callosus:
- Chestnut tree mouse bringing 46 grams to the scale
- Ethiopian thicket rat bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Arends’s golden mole bringing 52 grams to the scale
- Michoacan deer mouse bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Ord’s kangaroo rat bringing 50 grams to the scale
- Panamint chipmunk bringing 51 grams to the scale
- Umboi tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 41 grams to the scale
- Greater Egyptian gerbil bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Ivory Coast rat bringing 52 grams to the scale
- Hairy-tailed bolo mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Large vesper mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Large vesper mouse: