It is hard to guess what a Long-clawed mole vole weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Long-clawed mole vole (Prometheomys schaposchnikowi) on average weights 75 grams (0.17 lbs).
The Long-clawed mole vole is from the family Muridae (genus: Prometheomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 79.9 cm (2′ 8″). On average, Long-clawed mole voles can have babies 2 times per year with a litter size of 3.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The long-clawed mole vole (Prometheomys schaposchnikowi) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is the only species in the genus Prometheomys.It is found in Georgia and Turkey.
Animals of the same family as a Long-clawed mole vole
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Emin’s gerbil with a weight of 52 grams
- Dark bolo mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Ruwenzori thicket rat with a weight of 41 grams
- Greater hamster-rat with 4 babies per litter
- Mottled-tailed shrew mouse with a weight of 18 grams
- Indomalayan pencil-tailed tree mouse with a weight of 23 grams
- Andean leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 53 grams
- Voalavoanala with a weight of 97 grams
- Hylaeamys megacephalus with a weight of 57 grams
- Eastern rat with a weight of 230 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Long-clawed mole vole
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Prometheomys schaposchnikowi:
- Long-tailed fruit bat bringing 68 grams to the scale
- Oryzomys couesi bringing 69 grams to the scale
- Oecomys trinitatis bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Ansell’s mole-rat bringing 85 grams to the scale
- Peterson’s chinchilla mouse bringing 83 grams to the scale
- African wading rat bringing 62 grams to the scale
- Kemp’s thicket rat bringing 75 grams to the scale
- Crab-eating rat bringing 66 grams to the scale
- Gaumer’s spiny pocket mouse bringing 63 grams to the scale
- Patagonian opossum bringing 78 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Long-clawed mole vole
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Long-clawed mole vole: