It is hard to guess what a Middle East blind mole-rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Middle East blind mole-rat (Nannospalax ehrenbergi) on average weights 180 grams (0.4 lbs).
The Middle East blind mole-rat is from the family Muridae (genus: Nannospalax). It is usually born with about 5 grams (0.01 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 50 cm (1′ 8″). Usually, Middle East blind mole-rats have 3 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Middle East blind mole-rat or Israel/Palestine mole-rat (Spalax ehrenbergi) (also known as Nannospalax ehrenbergi) is a species of rodent in the family Spalacidae.
Animals of the same family as a Middle East blind mole-rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Bartels’s spiny rat with a weight of 88 grams
- Savi’s pine vole with a weight of 20 grams
- Stella wood mouse with a weight of 19 grams
- Northern bog lemming with a weight of 21 grams
- Bougainville mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 86 grams
- Unicolored Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Eastern woodrat with a weight of 252 grams
- Ural field mouse with a weight of 18 grams
- Stolička’s mountain vole with a weight of 30 grams
- Southern bog lemming with a weight of 28 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Middle East blind mole-rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Nannospalax ehrenbergi:
- Mountain spiny rat bringing 159 grams to the scale
- Piute ground squirrel bringing 165 grams to the scale
- Brush-tailed rabbit rat bringing 175 grams to the scale
- Altiplano chinchilla mouse bringing 170 grams to the scale
- Sierra Madre ground squirrel bringing 207 grams to the scale
- Biak naked-backed fruit bat bringing 200 grams to the scale
- Soft-spined Atlantic spiny rat bringing 168 grams to the scale
- Bolaños woodrat bringing 198 grams to the scale
- Western nesomys bringing 155 grams to the scale
- Spectral tarsier bringing 168 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Middle East blind mole-rat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Middle East blind mole-rat: