It is hard to guess what a Northern grass mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Northern grass mouse (Akodon urichi) on average weights 44 grams (0.1 lbs).
The Northern grass mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Akodon). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 9.9 cm (0′ 4″). On average, Northern grass mouses can have babies 3 times per year with a litter size of 5.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The northern grass mouse, or northern akodont, (Necromys urichi) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is found in Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela and Trinidad and Tobago.
Animals of the same family as a Northern grass mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Aegialomys xanthaeolus with a weight of 79 grams
- Transcaspian vole with 2 babies per litter
- Anthony’s woodrat with a weight of 195 grams
- Oldfield mouse with a weight of 14 grams
- Southern vole with a weight of 35 grams
- Cochabamba grass mouse with a weight of 34 grams
- Bush vlei rat with a weight of 103 grams
- Stein’s rat with a weight of 151 grams
- Lowland brush mouse with a size of 17.6 cm (0′ 7″)
- Short-nosed harvest mouse with a weight of 12 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Northern grass mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Akodon urichi:
- Rupp’s mouse bringing 48 grams to the scale
- Black-tailed mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Meadow vole bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Alpine chipmunk bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Mexican mouse opossum bringing 49 grams to the scale
- Cursor grass mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Montane wood mouse bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Black-eared mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Macroscelides proboscideus bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Yellow-pine chipmunk bringing 50 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Northern grass mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Northern grass mouse: