It is hard to guess what a Sangihe tarsier weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Sangihe tarsier (Tarsius sangirensis) on average weights 165 grams (0.36 lbs).
The Sangihe tarsier is from the family Tarsiidae (genus: Tarsius). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 10.4 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, Sangihe tarsiers have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Sangihe tarsier (Tarsius sangirensis), also known as Sangihe Island tarsier, is a small primate found on Sangir Island, which is located about 200 kilometers north-east of the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. In 2008 a population of the Sangihe tarsier was determined to be a distinct species, the Siau Island tarsier (Tarsius tumpara).
Animals of the same family as a Sangihe tarsier
We found other animals of the Tarsiidae family:
- Peleng tarsier with a weight of 165 grams
- Horsfield’s tarsier with a weight of 114 grams
- Spectral tarsier with a weight of 166 grams
- Pygmy tarsier with a size of 10 cm (0′ 4″)
- Philippine tarsier with a weight of 116 grams
- Dian’s tarsier with a weight of 110 grams
- Dian’s tarsier with a weight of 111 grams
- Spectral tarsier with a weight of 168 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Sangihe tarsier
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Tarsius sangirensis:
- Talas tuco-tuco bringing 141 grams to the scale
- Alcorn’s pocket gopher bringing 150 grams to the scale
- Bryant’s woodrat bringing 182 grams to the scale
- Indian gerbil bringing 138 grams to the scale
- Spectral tarsier bringing 166 grams to the scale
- New Caledonia flying fox bringing 151 grams to the scale
- Porteous’s tuco-tuco bringing 192 grams to the scale
- Fat-tailed dwarf lemur bringing 197 grams to the scale
- Brush-tailed rabbit rat bringing 175 grams to the scale
- Palawan spiny rat bringing 159 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Sangihe tarsier
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Sangihe tarsier: