It is hard to guess what a Silvery greater galago weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Silvery greater galago (Otolemur monteiri) on average weights 1.58 kg (3.48 lbs).
The Silvery greater galago is from the family Galagidae (genus: Otolemur). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 2.11 meter (7′ 0″). Usually, Silvery greater galagos have 2 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The silvery greater galago (Otolemur monteiri) is a nocturnal primate from the galago family. It is usually found in Brachystegia woodland, from Angola to Tanzania, western Kenya and Rwanda.The species was separated from the brown greater galago by Colin Groves in 2001.
Animals of the same family as a Silvery greater galago
We found other animals of the Galagidae family:
- Prince Demidoff’s bushbaby with a weight of 66 grams
- Thomas’s bushbaby with a weight of 117 grams
- Zanzibar bushbaby with a weight of 147 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Silvery greater galago
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Otolemur monteiri:
- Nabarlek with a weight of 1.4 kilos (3.09 lbs)
- Northern brushtail possum with a weight of 1.55 kilos (3.42 lbs)
- Eastern common cuscus with a weight of 1.75 kilos (3.86 lbs)
- Red and white giant flying squirrel with a weight of 1.5 kilos (3.31 lbs)
- Yarkand hare with a weight of 1.47 kilos (3.24 lbs)
- Angolan genet with a weight of 1.86 kilos (4.1 lbs)
- Small dorcopsis with a weight of 1.89 kilos (4.17 lbs)
- Bristle-spined rat with a weight of 1.3 kilos (2.87 lbs)
- Mongoose lemur with a weight of 1.77 kilos (3.9 lbs)
- African savanna hare with a weight of 1.77 kilos (3.9 lbs)
Animals with the same litter size as a Silvery greater galago
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a Silvery greater galago: