It is hard to guess what a White-ankled mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult White-ankled mouse (Peromyscus pectoralis) on average weights 38 grams (0.08 lbs).
The White-ankled mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Peromyscus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 12.4 cm (0′ 5″). On average, White-ankled mouses can have babies 1 times per year with a litter size of 3.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The white-ankled mouse (Peromyscus pectoralis) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It is found in Mexico and in New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas in the United States.The white-ankled mouse is commonly found in coexistence with the Brush mouse and Texas mouse (P. boylii and P. attaweri). Often, the sympatric overlap in characteristics between these species makes it difficult to identify a specific species. The most distinguishing feature of the white-ankled mouse, and the one most used to identify the species, is the baculum of males (Hooper 1958). The tip of the white-ankled mouse’s baculum is long and cartilaginous, whereas the tip of the Brush and Texas mouse is short and rounded (Clark 1952 and Hooper 1958).
Animals of the same family as a White-ankled mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Gorongoza gerbil with a weight of 118 grams
- King rat (animal) with a weight of 420 grams
- Friendly leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Soft grass mouse with a weight of 30 grams
- Silver mountain vole with a weight of 37 grams
- Tamaulipan woodrat with a weight of 198 grams
- Isarog striped shrew-rat with a weight of 140 grams
- MacConnell’s climbing mouse with a weight of 41 grams
- Major’s pine vole with 3 babies per litter
- Jackson’s soft-furred mouse with a weight of 39 grams
Animals with the same weight as a White-ankled mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Peromyscus pectoralis:
- Djoongari bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Roraima mouse bringing 33 grams to the scale
- North African elephant shrew bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Paraguayan fat-tailed mouse opossum bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Ratanaworabhan’s fruit bat bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Abrothrix jelskii bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Alpine chipmunk bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Thomas’s water mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Spotted bolo mouse bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Guatemalan vole bringing 42 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a White-ankled mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a White-ankled mouse: