It is hard to guess what a White-bellied rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult White-bellied rat (Niviventer niviventer) on average weights 100 grams (0.22 lbs).
The White-bellied rat is from the family Muridae (genus: Niviventer). It is usually born with about 3 grams (0.01 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 14.3 cm (0′ 6″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The white-bellied rat (Niviventer niviventer) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in India, Nepal, and Pakistan.
Animals of the same family as a White-bellied rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Ash-grey mouse with a weight of 30 grams
- Peters’s climbing rat with a weight of 182 grams
- Flat-haired mouse with a weight of 29 grams
- Woosnam’s brush-furred rat with a weight of 42 grams
- Mittendorf’s striped grass mouse with a weight of 41 grams
- Bunker’s woodrat with a weight of 375 grams
- Japanese grass vole with a weight of 29 grams
- Pale leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 102 grams
- Bolam’s mouse with a weight of 15 grams
- Moncton’s mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 80 grams
Animals with the same weight as a White-bellied rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Niviventer niviventer:
- Moncton’s mosaic-tailed rat bringing 80 grams to the scale
- Island tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 107 grams to the scale
- Coxing’s white-bellied rat bringing 80 grams to the scale
- Owl’s spiny rat bringing 114 grams to the scale
- Libyan jird bringing 91 grams to the scale
- Romanian hamster bringing 97 grams to the scale
- Bramble Cay melomys bringing 100 grams to the scale
- Ryukyu spiny rat bringing 84 grams to the scale
- Bare-tailed woolly mouse opossum bringing 119 grams to the scale
- Slender rat bringing 109 grams to the scale