What is the maximal age a Weyns’s duiker reaches?
An adult Weyns’s duiker (Cephalophus weynsi) usually gets as old as 15.25 years.
When born, they weight 4.41 kg (9.71 lbs) and measure 20 cm (0′ 8″). They are a member of the Bovidae family (genus: Cephalophus). Fully grown, they reach a bodylength of 1.18 meter (3′ 11″).
As a reference: Usually, humans get as old as 100 years, with the average being around 75 years. After being carried in the belly of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks), they grow to an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″) and weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual.
Weyns’s duiker (Cephalophus weynsi) is a tiny antelope found in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda and western Kenya. It is sometimes spelled “Weyn’s”, “Weyns”, or “Weyns'” duiker.Weyns’s duikers average about 33 lb (15 kg) in weight when full grown, with a shoulder height of about 17 in (43 cm). They have plain rufous coats.This duiker makes it home in lowlands and montane rainforests.
Animals of the same family as a Weyns’s duiker
Not really brothers and sisters, but from the same biological family (Bovidae):
- Alpine ibex becoming 22.25 years old
- Goitered gazelle becoming 20 years old
- Black wildebeest becoming 20 years old
- Suni becoming 14 years old
- Dibatag becoming 3 years old
- Giant eland becoming 16.17 years old
- Dwarf blue sheep growing to a mass of 29.27 kgs (64.53 lbs)
- Abbott’s duiker becoming 5.42 years old
- Beira (antelope) becoming 14 years old
- Blue duiker becoming 12 years old
Animals that reach the same age as Weyns’s duiker
With an average age of 15.25 years, Weyns’s duiker are in good companionship of the following animals:
- L’Hoest’s monkey usually reaching 16 years
- Common brushtail possum usually reaching 14.67 years
- Bates’s pygmy antelope usually reaching 14 years
- Brush-tailed rock-wallaby usually reaching 14.33 years
- North American porcupine usually reaching 18 years
- Müeller’s gibbon usually reaching 14.5 years
- Southern tree hyrax usually reaching 12.25 years
- Gerenuk usually reaching 13 years
- Snow leopard usually reaching 18 years
- Common pipistrelle usually reaching 16.67 years