Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into St. Marys in Pennsylvania? Here is the answer:
St. Marys, Pennsylvania has a population density of 50.72 inhabitants per square kilometer (131.36 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 13,070 people are living within an area of 257.7 sq km (99.5 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
St. Marys is a city in Elk County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 13,070 at the 2010 census. Originally a small town inhabited by mostly Bavarian Roman Catholics, it was founded December 8, 1842. It is home to Straub Brewery and the first Benedictine convent in the United States. In 1992, the borough of St. Marys absorbed the surrounding township of Benzinger and incorporated as a city.St. Marys lies in the center of Pennsylvania’s elk country. It is one of the few places east of the Mississippi River that allows hunting of wild elk. The area is known for its access to outdoor activities, including trout streams and state hunting lands inside the city limits.
Cities with a similar population density as St. Marys
Other cities that have a similar population density as St. Marys, Pennsylvania are:
- Buckeye, Arizona with a population density of 50 people per sq km (130 / sq mi).
- Fernley, Nevada with a population density of 58 people per sq km (150 / sq mi).
- Berlin, New Hampshire with a population density of 62 people per sq km (162 / sq mi).
- Poquoson, Virginia with a population density of 60 people per sq km (154 / sq mi).
- Eloy, Arizona with a population density of 57 people per sq km (148 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as St. Marys
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like St. Marys, Pennsylvania:
- Hartselle, Alabama with a population of 12,019 people
- Overland, Missouri with a population of 16,062 people
- Shepherdsville, Kentucky with a population of 11,222 people
- Addison, Texas with a population of 13,056 people
- Portland, Tennessee with a population of 11,933 people
- Levelland, Texas with a population of 13,542 people
- Fenton, Michigan with a population of 11,756 people
- Clearlake, California with a population of 15,250 people
- Muskegon Heights, Michigan with a population of 12,049 people
- Prospect Heights, Illinois with a population of 16,256 people
Cities with a similar size as St. Marys
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as St. Marys, Pennsylvania, here you go:
- Abilene, Texas with 290.33 square kilometers (290.33 sq mi), population: 117,063
- Lincoln, Nebraska with 242.06 square kilometers (242.06 sq mi), population: 280,364
- Edmond, Oklahoma with 227.55 square kilometers (227.55 sq mi), population: 81,405
- Palm Coast, Florida with 248.77 square kilometers (248.77 sq mi), population: 75,180
- Amarillo, Texas with 266.56 square kilometers (266.56 sq mi), population: 190,695
- Port St. Lucie, Florida with 312.11 square kilometers (312.11 sq mi), population: 164,603
- Beaumont, Texas with 220.30 square kilometers (220.30 sq mi), population: 118,296
- Henderson, Nevada with 272.43 square kilometers (272.43 sq mi), population: 257,729
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin with 250.85 square kilometers (250.85 sq mi), population: 600,155
- Reno, Nevada with 285.27 square kilometers (285.27 sq mi), population: 245,255
Cities with the same name “St. Marys”
Same name but different game – do we have sister cities from other states:
- St. Marys, Georgia with a population of 29,986 residents